Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

spouse with different surname- TWP and SOP

spouse with different surname- TWP and SOP

Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default spouse with different surname- TWP and SOP

OK, so I just want to make sure we have all the necessary documents in advance of having to submit- especailly ones that take time to arrive.

I have looked on the list required for TWP and accompanying Spousal open work permits and it doesn't say anything about marriage certificates. My passport is not in my married name and I have only in part changed my name, most documents eg drivers licences are still in maiden name. Its partly to do with retaining my surname at work.

It doesn't mention marriage certificates on the checklist, but presumably I need to send one in? Should it be a copy or the original? Surely this is not uncommon? We have been married a while and have two children, passport names same as my husband. Do we also have to prove I am the mother, ie send birth certificates in? Should these be copies or originals? Or will the marriage certificate dated from before they came along suffice

Gryphea
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future
Default Re: spouse with different surname- TWP and SOP

I sent all the birth and marriage certificates (copies). If you have them send them.

Last edited by donwauchope; Mar 31st 2007 at 10:00 am. Reason: add (copies)
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by donwauchope
I sent all the birth and marriage certificates (copies). If you have them send them.
I thought copies of your passport would suffice as you have to provide birth cert and marriage cert to obtain these.
Hope they don't expect every cert you've got cos i didn't send the above
By the way i know you put on another thread that you had had your med but can you tell me how long you waited to get your paperwork from cic for you to take to med as I think I will run out of time before my start date

thanks
jo
Old Mar 31st 2007, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
I thought copies of your passport would suffice as you have to provide birth cert and marriage cert to obtain these.
Possibly but I decided just to send everything to be sure. I had them all ready from when I submitted the PR application.

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
By the way i know you put on another thread that you had had your med but can you tell me how long you waited to get your paperwork from cic for you to take to med as I think I will run out of time before my start date
The request for med cert was date 19 Feb, received on 26 Feb. TWP was received in London on 31 Jan.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

We have found our marriage certificate! took a while...............

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gryphea
We have found our marriage certificate! took a while...............

Thanks
We had to apply for the official version as we discovered that our handwritten one issued by the minister 15 years before would not do for this purpose. The "new" computer printed one took us 5 months to get!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

We had to apply for the official version as we discovered that our handwritten one issued by the minister 15 years before would not do for this purpose. The "new" computer printed one took us 5 months to get!!!
Oh right- I think I will get a bcak up just in case!

Gryphea