Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal sponsorship (outside of Canada) - DMP refused medical?

Spousal sponsorship (outside of Canada) - DMP refused medical?

Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:48 am
Just Joined

paulx is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Spousal sponsorship (outside of Canada) - DMP refused medical?

Hi there,

I’m in the process of sponsoring my wife in Indonesia – class: Spousal sponsorship – Outside of Canada.

Since she needs to do her medical before I can send my file to Mississauga, I told her to go to the local DMP.

The doctor refused and told her that she needs the 1017 EFC form (APPENDIX IV, V, VI,VII,VIII). She called another doctor in another province and he told her the same thing. But in the DMP Practitioner handbook, the doctor should have had the form, is this correct?

Otherwise, where can she get the form? Is there a PDF that I can download somewhere? This is confusing.. appreciate it if someone can help me.

Regards,
Paulx
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:53 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship (outside of Canada) - DMP refused medical?

This is also incorrect. You should find a copy of the form in the guide for overseas sponsored spouses. Try this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:05 am
Just Joined

paulx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim.

I called two other DMPs and the they clarified that Appendix D is accepted. The first DMP that we contacted still insisted to have all the forms (including the 1017 EFC) ready.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This is also incorrect. You should find a copy of the form in the guide for overseas sponsored spouses. Try this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:52 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You should clearly state to DMP that it is a medical examination for spousal sponsorship case, not just for immigration to Canada.