Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)

Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)

Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

harryg7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)

Hello everyone,

My Canadian common-law partner and I sent off our application last November (2nd). Anyway, since then I have passed my medical.

On the 20th September, we both received a letter online, pretty much saying our eligibility is passed. Then when I go to this site https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...on.do?app=ecas and put in my details, it says decision made as my status? Yet is said on the 'eligibility passed' letter that a decision has not yet been made.

Does anyone have any experience with this? And when will a next step usually take place? Can't be too long hopefully....

Harry
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)

Originally Posted by harryg7
Hello everyone,

My Canadian common-law partner and I sent off our application last November (2nd). Anyway, since then I have passed my medical.

On the 20th September, we both received a letter online, pretty much saying our eligibility is passed. Then when I go to this site https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...on.do?app=ecas and put in my details, it says decision made as my status? Yet is said on the 'eligibility passed' letter that a decision has not yet been made.

Does anyone have any experience with this? And when will a next step usually take place? Can't be too long hopefully....

Harry
Very common for different CIC systems to say different things! I think you can rely on the ECAS status and that you are indeed 'Decision Made' - which is 99.9% certain to be an acceptance!

You may get a request for copy passport bio page and possibly photos, or maybe nothing at all and then in a week or two simply get your CoPR in the mail (we did). Certainly the timeline is right for final decision and CoPR.
Old Oct 9th 2018, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Awesome! Hopefully good news then! I just realized that my girlfriend's address hasn't been updated since we moved (mine was) so hopefully, they send it to me.

Thanks!
Old Oct 10th 2018, 5:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Decision made can be for any stage - such as when your sponsor has been approved to sponsor you - or when they have processed your medical results... or when they have finalised processing and approved your application.. this diagram shows you what each stage is and the terminology used. I would hazard a guess judging by your timeline that your COPRA should be wending it's way to you soon!

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...r=app_perm_fam
Attached Thumbnails Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)-stages.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 10th 2018 at 5:44 am.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hey all!

So I had a call in-notice for Monday 22nd October, in Ottawa, to finalize my PR. Got my CoPR to I'm very happy! So I sent the application off at the start of Nov 2017 and got my PR just under 12 months later.

Next stop... Citizenship? I activated my IEC on March 27th 2017, so does anyone have a rough idea of when I may be able to apply?

Thanks
Old Oct 26th 2018, 6:22 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hey all!

So I had a call in-notice for Monday 22nd October, in Ottawa, to finalize my PR. Got my CoPR to I'm very happy! So I sent the application off at the start of Nov 2017 and got my PR just under 12 months later.

Next stop... Citizenship? I activated my IEC on March 27th 2017, so does anyone have a rough idea of when I may be able to apply?

Thanks
1. Well if you never have left Canada since the 22nd of Oct 2017, you would be eligible (if you don't leave for a day) 23 Oct 2020.
Old Oct 26th 2018, 4:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all!

Thanks

Congrats and welcome to Canada eh!
(Traditional welcome, lol)

Any day you held a TWP prior to becoming a PR (providing it was within the 5 year assessment period) counts as 1/2 a day towards the requirements for physical presence, but you must have a minimum of 2 years as a PR as well. Presuming you didn't leave the country at all, you should have around 572 FULL days as a TWP holder, potentially giving you a 'credit' of 286 days.
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the five years immediately before the date of your application.
  • only the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application are taken into account;
  • each day you were physically present in Canada as an authorized temporary resident or protected person before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day (up to a maximum of 365 days);
  • each day you were physically present in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;

You can get an exact date by using the physical presence calculator - it will tell you the date you will qualify, provided you don't leave for a day before you are able to apply (you lose 1 for 1 for days out of the country) : https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do
Attached Thumbnails Spousal Sponsorship - nearly there (I think?)-welcome_to_canada.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 26th 2018 at 4:18 pm.