spousal sponsorship IMM 5562

Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough
Default spousal sponsorship IMM 5562

Hi everyone, hopefully one last question before I send off my application My medical is tomorrow and I am waiting patiently for my police check to arrive which should be any day now.

Does everyone have to complete the "Your Travels" form? If yes, how accurate do the dates have to be? Im 27 so remembering every time and for how long I left the Uk since I turned 18 isnt that easy! I have family in Spain and Greece and have visited them for long weekends and weeks here and there and Ive noticed I didnt always get a stamp in my passport so cant rely on that to help me.

Thanks for any advice
Maria
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: spousal sponsorship IMM 5562

I applied to the London office for my PR and didn't fill this form out.
As i understand this form is only required if you are applying via Paris

I nearly cried when i first read that form...then when i dived deeper found out the above and it was a great relief

Unless things have changed since January when the information I stated was correct

Here are the two documents so you can see:

The Paris one where you have to fill in the travels document:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33031.PDF

The London one, where you don't:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33023.PDF

Last edited by Canadian_Fig; Jul 12th 2011 at 5:32 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

mariar will become famous soon enoughmariar will become famous soon enough

Thank you so much for clearing that up! I was looking in the Area Specific forms for West Europe which UK would fall under as would Paris so maybe why thats why the forms are there. Thank goodness for this forum. Its been a life saver! Thank you again, a lot of time and probably tears saved!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 7:20 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Mariar, yes, area specific - I am in France so had to fill the wretched thing out (or is that filled it in?) I'm also sadly some way older than you, and have travelled a lot - much wailing and knashing of teeth ensued.