Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal sponsorship application posted

Spousal sponsorship application posted

Old Feb 14th 2017, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mattc24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal sponsorship application posted

Hi All,

Today we have just posted our application for my wife to sponsor me to become a PR in Canada so we can move from the UK....very exiting! Im thankful for some advice we have received on here in past regarding our application.

I was wondering whether anyone has any advice about what we do now.... wait obviously, but do i need do anything on the CIC website in order to see our application online or do they send us info on that? Any other advice welcome.

Thanks
Matt.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal sponsorship application posted

Originally Posted by Mattc24
Hi All,

Today we have just posted our application for my wife to sponsor me to become a PR in Canada so we can move from the UK....very exiting! Im thankful for some advice we have received on here in past regarding our application.

I was wondering whether anyone has any advice about what we do now.... wait obviously, but do i need do anything on the CIC website in order to see our application online or do they send us info on that? Any other advice welcome.

Thanks
Matt.

Congratulations! Big hurdle I know.....

Do you want to take part in the spousal sponsorship tracking spreadsheet? If the person being sponsored is British and it is outland, then once you know your pack has arrived in Mississauga, post your information on this thread and we will add you to the spreadsheet:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...42032/page966/

Yes, you wait. Mississauga may (or may not) send you an email acknowledgement with your application number and UCI etc. Or, it may be that the first you hear will be them telling you you have sponsor approval and telling you the visa office they send it on to.

In any event, once you get your application number and UCI, you should then be in a position to try to link your application to a MyCIC account and track it from there. See this section in the wiki pages for how to go about this.

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Feb 14th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

That's great thanks for the info. Yes thats fine... I dont mind going onto a timeline spreadsheet. I will update this as soon as our package gets there.

MyCIC... will that be the same account i have just set up to pay my fees?

Matt.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

MyCIC... will that be the same account i have just set up to pay my fees?

Matt.

That depends on how you paid your fees (there are two ways IIRC)! If it was by setting up an account here:

Create an account or sign in

Then yes, that is the MyCIC I was referring to, you can go on to link your application in here by following the guide either online at MyCIC of as described in the wiki link I sent.
Old Feb 14th 2017, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Great thank you. :-)
Old Feb 15th 2017, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks
Matt.
HI Matt,

We are just a little ahead of you. We had our application at the start of Jan, and we got a mail towards the end of Jan. When you log into the site on-line you can see your application, which is exciting.

You are right, the advice on here is fantastic, and so quick as well for folks to respond. I sure am glad we found this site before heading down the wrong route... and that is where we were going with 'professional' advice!

A
Old Feb 18th 2017, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AshMyl
HI Matt,

We are just a little ahead of you. We had our application at the start of Jan, and we got a mail towards the end of Jan. When you log into the site on-line you can see your application, which is exciting.

You are right, the advice on here is fantastic, and so quick as well for folks to respond. I sure am glad we found this site before heading down the wrong route... and that is where we were going with 'professional' advice!

A
Thanks for your reply AshMyl. I hope it goes well for you.

I think we might be in for a long wait as the post office tracking hasn't changed for several days now and I understand that Canadian customs take there time! Also Canada post don't offer tracking so just got to hope it arrives soon!

Matt
Old Feb 18th 2017, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your reply AshMyl. I hope it goes well for you.

I think we might be in for a long wait as the post office tracking hasn't changed for several days now and I understand that Canadian customs take there time! Also Canada post don't offer tracking so just got to hope it arrives soon!

Matt
Same 'mistake' as I made! Wish I had used DHL or some such. Took three weeks to finally make it through the door at Mississauga - I hope yours is quicker!
Old Feb 18th 2017, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Same 'mistake' as I made! Wish I had used DHL or some such. Took three weeks to finally make it through the door at Mississauga - I hope yours is quicker!
Fingers are crossed!! I did look into courier as many seem to suggest however there are no convenient dropped off points near our village and having it picked up would have surely made it even more expensive. Having just paid my immigration fees I was cleaned out!! So our village post office it was.

However it's annoying that they offer 'international tracked and signed' all the way.... when in actual fact you get tracking to Heathrow and that's it!
Old Feb 18th 2017, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh it will get there, just might take 2 or 3 weeks. I suppose it is good 'practice' for the waiting to come :-(
Old Feb 18th 2017, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Just be glad you didn't pay for FedEx It's vaguely irritating to pay for "international priority", explained as "next day for Canada", have it picked up on Monday, and finally get delivered Friday.... !
Old Feb 19th 2017, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

CanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Just be glad you didn't pay for FedEx It's vaguely irritating to pay for "international priority", explained as "next day for Canada", have it picked up on Monday, and finally get delivered Friday.... !
We all know though that in Canada next day means next week when it comes to shipping. Unless it's Canada Post, then it's sometime this or next month...hopefully.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Well according to the royal mail our application has now been delivered. Thankfully it seems much quicker than feared. Phew....
Now back to waiting.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

AshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond reputeAshMyl has a reputation beyond repute

Well according to the royal mail our application has now been delivered. Thankfully it seems much quicker than feared. Phew....
Now back to waiting.
Mightn't take too much waiting. We heard in a couple of weeks that the application was there and creasted a MyCIC account. Able to watch how things progress. Our application was received at the start of Jan and we have Sponsor Approval through last week, with Medical and Police Cert requested now.. so things are moving
Old Feb 21st 2017, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AshMyl
Mightn't take too much waiting. We heard in a couple of weeks that the application was there and creasted a MyCIC account. Able to watch how things progress. Our application was received at the start of Jan and we have Sponsor Approval through last week, with Medical and Police Cert requested now.. so things are moving
That all sounds positive, thank you. Hopefully our application is fairly straightforward and won't take too long either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.