Spousal Sponsorship

Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spousal Sponsorship

Are you able to enter the country on a tourist visa if you have an outland sponsorship application in process?? (through Australia?)

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:12 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spousal Sponsorship

Yes, as long as you can get a visitor visa or are from the country on Canada's visitor visa waiver list and providing that you disclose the fact of having PR application pending when applying for visitor visa and/or asking for admission at the port of entry.

Originally Posted by blairwitch
Are you able to enter the country on a tourist visa if you have an outland sponsorship application in process?? (through Australia?)

Thanks!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

amante is an unknown quantity at this point

hi andrew

how to ask for admission at the port of entry when applying for a visitor visa??? where is the port of entry , i think it is inside YVR airport right?

what if is refused giving the visitor visa ? have to go back to home at the same time of arriving YVR?!

:scared:
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amante
hi andrew

how to ask for admission at the port of entry when applying for a visitor visa??? where is the port of entry , i think it is inside YVR airport right?

what if is refused giving the visitor visa ? have to go back to home at the same time of arriving YVR?!

:scared:

Are you from a visa exempt country? If not you need a visa before you leave for Canada. If you are visa exempt then, you arrive at VIA, go through Customs who do the primary Immgration and they will stamp your passport, usually valid for 6 months, unless a date is written under the stamp. IF they feel you should be examined further, they will send you to Immigration Secondary where you will be examined by Immigration to see how much time as a visitor you will be allowed in Canada.

PMM
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

amante is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Taiwan and must have to apply a visitor visa before leaving for canada. I am wondering, will the visa officer at the port of entry from YVR give the admission for me entering to canada when arrive at YVR?
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:13 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by amante
I live in Taiwan and must have to apply a visitor visa before leaving for canada. I am wondering, will the visa officer at the port of entry from YVR give the admission for me entering to canada when arrive at YVR?
You need a visitor visa, the airline won't let you board without it and if for some reason you get on the plane, you will be sent back when you arrive at the POE.

PMM
Old Mar 30th 2005, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road

I currently applying from the Uk for my PR Commonlaw Visa with my Canadian Partner. She has to go back in august to start college in Sept, will i be able to go over in August too and wait for my PR process to be finished, or will i have to retuen to Uk to finish the process.

Cheers
Ian
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Snape
I currently applying from the Uk for my PR Commonlaw Visa with my Canadian Partner. She has to go back in august to start college in Sept, will i be able to go over in August too and wait for my PR process to be finished, or will i have to retuen to Uk to finish the process.

Cheers
Ian
The process might be completed before September. Spousal applications are the priority for CIC. If not, it might be better to wait in the UK till its all sorted e.g. you might be invited for an interview.

For now, it is safe to hope that your application will be completed by september as long as its a straight forward case

Good luck