Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Sponsor application ready to post

Spousal Sponsor application ready to post

Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:10 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Sponsor application ready to post

Originally Posted by blank00
Sorry my bad. Q's 17, 18 & 19 in the questionnaire are for Quebec residents only. I didn't have to do it...just realizing now. But anyway, I provided more than they needed I guess!

Sorry for whipping up a scare. You should be safe!
Hmmm where do you see that? I notice a piece telling Quebec immigration to go straight to Q21 therefore bypassing 17,18,19, & 20. Unless i'm mistaken.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

blank00 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by el_richo
Hmmm where do you see that? I notice a piece telling Quebec immigration to go straight to Q21 therefore bypassing 17,18,19, & 20. Unless i'm mistaken.
That's exactly where I see it, and I am noticing that only now. I need not have gotten the letter from the employer, attached my tax return, pay stubs etc. But I overlooked this and I did send them all. Anyway I am hoping that's just harmless but useful excess information for CIC!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

So i'm just about to package everything as neatly and coherently as possible before paying online and printing the receipt.

Any tips?

As it's the spousal sponsor route i'll be separating my wifes forms (the sponsor) and my forms (the applicant). Is it just as simple as that or do people separate other aspects like Payment invoice, extra pages used from the forms, marriage certificate, etc etc.

I'm just a tad paranoid
i think you got it down pat! i remember when you were asking advice on how to start it all, now its done!! Relief eh!! Ours only took 3 months start to finish, now we go in 2 weeks! For couriers, we just sent ours special next day delivary from the post office, cost about £5.50. Hope all goes well!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Well this is where it confuses me. To show she can support me by using pay slips or a letter from her employer seems a bit moot because when we move she'll no longer be working in that capacity. We have funds in the bank but i was always under the impression that spousal sponsors don't need to provide proof?

Last minute jitters
You don't need to prove sponsors funds! Just claify what your plans are. I was my husband sponsor and i have been a stay at home mum for 2 years and no questions were asked.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blank00
Sorry my bad. Q's 17, 18 & 19 in the questionnaire are for Quebec residents only. I didn't have to do it...just realizing now. But anyway, I provided more than they needed I guess!

Sorry for whipping up a scare. You should be safe!
whew
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:35 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so the moral of the story is that my wife doesn't need anything from her employer nor any proof of funds, pay slip, tax info etc etc............

........Right?

If that's the case we're good to go and it'll be arranged to go in the morning
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

blank00 will become famous soon enough

Ok so the moral of the story is that my wife doesn't need anything from her employer nor any proof of funds, pay slip, tax info etc etc............

........Right?

Yep. Looks like! Too bad I overlooked the fine print and didn't directly go to Q21:curse:

Anyway, Good luck to you!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

........Right?

correct! Get it whacked in the post!! Put loadsa photos in, old and new, anything helps! Good luck.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:51 am
Beep

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
correct! Get it whacked in the post!! Put loadsa photos in, old and new, anything helps! Good luck.
Bugger it, i'm posting it in the morning.

I'm still confused about the wording of these bloody documents though.

I'm sure you'll hear more when it's posted
Old Feb 21st 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bugger it, i'm posting it in the morning.

I'm still confused about the wording of these bloody documents though.

I'm sure you'll hear more when it's posted
Did you do it??! I'm sure it'll be fine. As long as your case is straight forward, ie you have been with your wife for a long time and can show this through photos etc, what they are looking for are people that may marry just to get in. Let us all know when you have heard anything! By the way, we had major probs checking our progress. All they send you is the reciept showing that they have cashed your dosh, so you can use the id on that to check up, but make sure that when you type in where you live its not the uk but england or scotland, wales etc! We had days of frustration not being able to check, cos we kept putting in uk!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

dewy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

just to add something to this we have just gone through this route my wife living in canada,we sent off the package to miss on dec 20th. in the list of docs we had to prove she could support me,ie with employment details how much she made ,what assets she had.this was approved and now its being processed in london,its just on the above thread it says you dont need to prove funds for the sponser
Old Feb 21st 2009, 9:02 pm
Beep

ALL DONE!!!!

I finally got it all ready, packaged beautifully, arranged Parcelforce to pick it up tomorrow for a 2 day delivery, paid Immigration Canada.................

.............and found i was 1 photo short

All sorted now though

Pinkkristen: Yep i've included 5 sheets of pictures taken throughout our relationship (5 years worth) that i've scanned in. Including holidays, general day to day stuff, wedding, ceremony etc etc.

How exciting!!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dewy99
just to add something to this we have just gone through this route my wife living in canada,we sent off the package to miss on dec 20th. in the list of docs we had to prove she could support me,ie with employment details how much she made ,what assets she had.this was approved and now its being processed in london,its just on the above thread it says you dont need to prove funds for the sponser
I don't know whether its different with your wife living i canada, but if you are both applying outside canada you do not have to prove funds. I have been through the process and have our PR and did not have to have sponsors proof of funds, if we did, i'd have been screwed as i am a full time mum< def no wage just the work!!! AHHH!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 8:48 pm
Beep

You have to love the package tracking........

24-02-2009 09:00 International Hub Despatched from hub
24-02-2009 02:40 International Hub Left origin country
23-02-2009 22:21 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
23-02-2009 17:51 Mitcham Depot On route to hub
23-02-2009 12:40 Mitcham Depot Collected from customer

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

You have to love the package tracking........

24-02-2009 09:00 International Hub Despatched from hub
24-02-2009 02:40 International Hub Left origin country
23-02-2009 22:21 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
23-02-2009 17:51 Mitcham Depot On route to hub
23-02-2009 12:40 Mitcham Depot Collected from customer

Wow that is quick....going to use them too I think. worth the extra money for sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.