Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Spousal Application, another question.

Spousal Application, another question.

Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Spousal Application, another question.

Thanks to all that have answered my previous questions, here is another for now:
My sponsor (other Half) has to provide evidence to prove his intent to settle back in Canada once i receive my visa, i obviously understand this is necessary, and the options it gives are things like a letter offering a job, college placement letter, contract on a house purchase, contract to rent a property etc... the problem we have is that we will initially be staying with his parents, who would be happy enough to send a letter stating there offer of accomodation to us from when we arrive etc.. but has anyone used this as their proof, or do you have any alternative ideas?
I am concerned that if we cannot provide enough proof they will turn down his application to sponsor.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:27 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spousal Application, another question.

We're in a similar position. My wife being the sponsor.

The way i see it is that we'd have no other alternative other than the initial stay at her dads house and a letter from him confirming. Why would we apply for jobs and sign rental contracts before the PR decision comes through?

Sorry to jump onto your post but i'd also be interested in the outcome.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Originally Posted by el_richo
We're in a similar position. My wife being the sponsor.

The way i see it is that we'd have no other alternative other than the initial stay at her dads house and a letter from him confirming. Why would we apply for jobs and sign rental contracts before the PR decision comes through?

Sorry to jump onto your post but i'd also be interested in the outcome.
my thoughts exactly, the only one i could see vaguely possible would be if he enrolled in a short (cheap) college course, but agin, would have to be cheap as wouldn't want to spend any money on something he may not be there for.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:39 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things that was suggested to us (although we are in the very early stages of application) is that intention of the sale of property or renting property out can be used as proof. If all runs smoothly, the closer we get to our move date she'll hand her notice in at work (if it helps she'll do it a couple of months in advance) and that will also be see as intent to move i guess.

It's all vague to me at the moment.

Can i ask, at what stage are you at in the application process?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

One of the things that was suggested to us (although we are in the very early stages of application) is that intention of the sale of property or renting property out can be used as proof. If all runs smoothly, the closer we get to our move date she'll hand her notice in at work (if it helps she'll do it a couple of months in advance) and that will also be see as intent to move i guess.

we are trying to get all the info together to send all the forms off. We want to be there december this year, and as the medical is a year validity we can now apply and it wont run out too soon.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

hi again! We did not have to prove anything, all we said was that we have sold our house (intentions on going), gave addresses of family that were already out there and that we would look for jobs once PR given. I think as long as they can see you in an 'honest' relationship' ie photos going back a long time, then they will give you your PR.
Just put a ton of photos in right from when you were first together to now!
Hope this helps, its awful confusing, i think over all it took us a couple months to get everything together!!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:40 pm
Beep

We have tons of pictures and emails going back years, however, pretty much every picture is digital so i'd better buy some more printer ink