sponsorship worries

Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

erica35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsorship worries

Hi, im new to this site, but i could use a little help from someone in answering a question, I am a british citazen in canada at the mo visiting my boyfriend of whom i have been with for 3 years, i come out to see him a couple times a year. We have now decided to get married . My visitor visa is valid for 6 months i believe so will have to return back to the uk in january 2012, but by that time we will hopefully be married and would be putting in our application for my partner to sponsor me as his spouse. My question is when i return back to the uk, will i be able to come back out to canada as a visitor while the application is being processed or will i have to stay in the uk untill i become a PR, i am worried as i hear the application process can take a while and i would hate not being able to visit him if i have to stsay in the uk untill i get PR, I would appreciate if someone could enlighting me on my question.......Thanks.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: sponsorship worries

and also do we put our application in from canada or do i go back to the uk and apply from outside of canada and how long does the application take place, i have also read that i need 8 photos of each of my dependants, but they Will NOT be coming with me into canada, anyones help is much appreciated.....Thankyou
Old Nov 21st 2011, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Try this link and read the info

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to BE.

As soon as you are married, your husband can apply to sponsor you for PR. Going on recent timescales, expect it to take 3-6 months to get PR if you apply 'outland' rather than 'inland' (which takes waaaaay longer). This Wiki article would be useful reading for you - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

You need to send your application to Canada, whichever route you do, so it makes no difference whether you apply from Canada or wait until you're back in the UK to send it.

And when you say 'dependants', who are you talking about? Are you referring to your children and if so, how old are they?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 23rd 2011 at 7:47 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

As soon as you are married, your husband can apply to sponsor you for PR. Going on recent timescales, expect it to take 3-6 months to get PR if you apply 'outland' rather than 'inland' (which takes waaaaay longer). This Wiki article would be useful reading for you - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

You need to send your application to Canada, whichever route you do, so it makes no difference whether you apply from Canada or wait until you're back in the UK to send it.

And when you say 'dependants', who are you talking about? Are you referring to your children and if so, how old are they?
christmasoompa, I see you are saying it is about 3-6 months right now to get PR, based on what we have been seeeing. Are you counting the day CIC Missisauga receives our applications as day 1, so 3-6 months from that day?
Old Nov 25th 2011, 12:52 am
Just Joined

hi thanks for your replys, yes i was going on about my children, they are 18 10 and 6, my ex husband is not allowing me to take the two boys out of the country, but still in the application form it says i still need to fill forms in for them even if they are not accomying me to canada......so i was just wondering if it was really nessasary to fill out all the forms and get 8 photos of them each if they will Not be coming with me to canada.

Last edited by erica35; Nov 25th 2011 at 1:03 am.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 9:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
christmasoompa, I see you are saying it is about 3-6 months right now to get PR, based on what we have been seeeing. Are you counting the day CIC Missisauga receives our applications as day 1, so 3-6 months from that day?
Yes. Recent cases on the forum have taken as little as 2 months in total, but most now seem to be within the 3-6 month mark. Of course, it will depend on your own individual case, so don't read too much in to other's timelines, but it's still a pretty quick process.

Originally Posted by erica35
hi thanks for your replys, yes i was going on about my children, they are 18 10 and 6, my ex husband is not allowing me to take the two boys out of the country, but still in the application form it says i still need to fill forms in for them even if they are not accomying me to canada......so i was just wondering if it was really nessasary to fill out all the forms and get 8 photos of them each if they will Not be coming with me to canada.
Yes, you do still need to include them on your application, and they'll need them to have a medical as well. This is so that you can sponsor them in the future if you wish to, if they're not on your application then this won't be an option for you. I assume that there's no way your boyfriend can move to the UK? Just can't imagine as a fellow mother what you're going through with the thought of leaving the younger children.

Good luck.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes. Recent cases on the forum have taken as little as 2 months in total, but most now seem to be within the 3-6 month mark. Of course, it will depend on your own individual case, so don't read too much in to other's timelines, but it's still a pretty quick process.

Yes, you do still need to include them on your application, and they'll need them to have a medical as well. This is so that you can sponsor them in the future if you wish to, if they're not on your application then this won't be an option for you. I assume that there's no way your boyfriend can move to the UK? Just can't imagine as a fellow mother what you're going through with the thought of leaving the younger children.

Good luck.
That is great to hear. Why then, I wonder, does it say 7 months for London? Also, I know every case is different so I will be patient. My husband always come over for the month of March, we are just wondering if he actually needs to book that time off now.