Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsorship and family conformation

Sponsorship and family conformation

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Webboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsorship and family conformation

Hi all,

We have been working on collecting all the essential paperwork needed to apply to immigrate to Canada as skilled workers. However, we heard from a family member the other night who stays in Hamilton, Ontario.

He has told us that we should have spoken to him sooner as he would be more than happy to sponsor us - which would make the whole process a little easier.

However, we are a little unsure as to whether or not he would actually be classed as family or not. He is family, but not our immediate family. His wife and him are my wifes grans Sister and husband (confusing!). A better way to explain it might be - they are my mother-in-laws aunt and uncle.

Will this count? They have built up a succesful business over there and have been there for over 30 years. They would be delighted to help, but we need to find out for definite if he is close enough family to sponsor us.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Brian
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:22 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsorship and family conformation

Originally Posted by Webboy
Hi all,

We have been working on collecting all the essential paperwork needed to apply to immigrate to Canada as skilled workers. However, we heard from a family member the other night who stays in Hamilton, Ontario.

He has told us that we should have spoken to him sooner as he would be more than happy to sponsor us - which would make the whole process a little easier.

However, we are a little unsure as to whether or not he would actually be classed as family or not. He is family, but not our immediate family. His wife and him are my wifes grans Sister and husband (confusing!). A better way to explain it might be - they are my mother-in-laws aunt and uncle.

Will this count? They have built up a succesful business over there and have been there for over 30 years. They would be delighted to help, but we need to find out for definite if he is close enough family to sponsor us.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Brian
Sorry, they cannot sponsor you as the relationship is too distant even to get you the extra 5 points for having a relative in Canada.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Webboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sponsorship and family conformation

Man thats a bit of a bummer. Oh well, I do realise that these rules etc to stop everyone and anyone immigrating.

I will just continue with our skilled worker applications.

Thanks,
Brian