SPONSORSHIP OF DEPENDENT

Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:07 am
Just Joined

coolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the rough
Default SPONSORSHIP OF DEPENDENT

The 16 year old Dependent of my Common Law Partner and myself, after finally completing her UK secondary school education, now wants to continue with her just started 3 year training/education at a UK ballet school. I am currently preparing to sponsor her mother, my Common Law partner. They were both included as non-accompanying in my original 2007 immigration application ( the reason indicated to Immigration for their non-accompanying was the wish to have our daughter complete her UK secondary school education ). My question is: Will the inclusion of our daughter ( as a Dependent ) on my original 2007 Immigration application be sufficient information provided to sponsor her separately in 3 years time, when she is 19 years old, or will she have to be included again in my sponsorship of her mother, my Common Law Partner ( including taking another medical, and paying fees ) and, again, be put as non-accompanying? She does not want to 'land' now and then return to spend the last 2 years out of 5 in Canada, as the short career of a dancer involves much international travel.
Also, a second question: Do we need to complete another Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union form or will a copy of the one submitted in 2007 suffice?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SPONSORSHIP OF DEPENDENT

You need up to date Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union and all supporting the claim evidence. Fact that you were documented common-law partners in 2007 doesn't mean that you are living as such now.

If your partner and daughter underwent medicals together with you before you were granted PR visa and providing that you are still meeting definition of common-law partners then you may of course sponsor them both, providing that you are eligible to be a sponsor.

Whatever evidence was included with your PR application will be crosschecked during the sponsorship process, but will not be used in lieu of documents required with new application. You need to submit all what is required.

If daughter doesn't want to accompany her mother to Canada at this time then she must be included as non-accompanying dependent and must undergo medicals again. Then, when time for her sponsorship comes she will undergo medicals again.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:14 am
Just Joined

coolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the roughcoolhand is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SPONSORSHIP OF DEPENDENT

Mr Miller. Thank you for the speedy and informative reply.