Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring Parents under the Family Class

Sponsoring Parents under the Family Class

Old Jan 18th 2005, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

PinkSusie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sponsoring Parents under the Family Class

Does anyone have any recent experience of sponsoring parents under the family class?
I am a Canadian Citizen (from U.K) and applied to sponsor my parents about 5 months ago.
Current waiting times, just for the Canadian side of things, is 20 months! I've been in touch with my M.P to try and move things along, but have heard nothing since he wrote to Judy Sgro a couple of months ago.
Now she's resigned - does anyone know if this'll be a good thing or a bad thing for sponsoring under the Family Class? Does anyone know anything about this new guy Joe Volpe?
My parents are thinking of moving over anyway and waiting for their permanent resident staus over here. They are financially independent and are having a house built here.
Any thoughts, advice or information would be gratefully appreciated!

Susie

]
Old Jan 18th 2005, 2:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring Parents under the Family Class

HI Susie, I doubt very much that a change of minister will make any difference. Patience is the name of the game, and sponsorship is a low low priority as it doesnt do anything for canadas economy, so it gets few resources. At least they can visit on visa waiver for 6 months at a time anyway, so count your blessings They can try extending visas while they wait here, but eventually there luck will run out, there is no way they will keep getting extended long enough to cover the sponsorship and then the PR process, and overstaying would be a really bad idea as that would essentally prevent them getting PR at some stage.

Hang in there!
Iain

Originally Posted by PinkSusie
Does anyone have any recent experience of sponsoring parents under the family class?
I am a Canadian Citizen (from U.K) and applied to sponsor my parents about 5 months ago.
Current waiting times, just for the Canadian side of things, is 20 months! I've been in touch with my M.P to try and move things along, but have heard nothing since he wrote to Judy Sgro a couple of months ago.
Now she's resigned - does anyone know if this'll be a good thing or a bad thing for sponsoring under the Family Class? Does anyone know anything about this new guy Joe Volpe?
My parents are thinking of moving over anyway and waiting for their permanent resident staus over here. They are financially independent and are having a house built here.
Any thoughts, advice or information would be gratefully appreciated!

Susie

]