sponsoring parents

Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

tj1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sponsoring parents

I am a cdn citizen who wishes to sponsor my parents who are still in the UK.

I am wondering what the approx timeline is for doing this from Canada. Also, my mother was diagnosed with cancer back in early 2008. She is currently in remission but I was wondering if that would effect her chances, and if anyone has a similar story, if they were succesful etc.

Thank you.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsoring parents

Hi

Originally Posted by tj1980
I am a cdn citizen who wishes to sponsor my parents who are still in the UK.

I am wondering what the approx timeline is for doing this from Canada. Also, my mother was diagnosed with cancer back in early 2008. She is currently in remission but I was wondering if that would effect her chances, and if anyone has a similar story, if they were succesful etc.

Thank you.
1. Parents 31 months presently at Mississauga, then 8-13 months at London.
2. Not being an Immigration Dr., I can't give you a definite answer, but if her cancer has not been in remission for 5 years at the time of the medical, it will be very difficult for her to pass it.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

atscmc will become famous soon enoughatscmc will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Canada does not have specific remission periods for cancer. Each person's case is considered on an individual basis. One of the main issues is whether there is metastisis - were her lymph nodes clear? She will need copies of her medical records, including the pathology reports for when she has her medical plus up to date reports on her prognosis, any future treatment anticipated and costings (including costings for check ups).

I am going through this at the moment, having been diagnosed with cancer in 2007 (one day before my partner was offered a job in Canada!!). I stayed in the UK to complete my treatment (which was successful). I would definitely advise using a good Immigration Lawyer who has expertise in medical issues and immigration - I have one and he is excellent. I am currently in Canada on a TWP and due to submit my application for PR (CEC) in November. Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat through some of the issues further.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

tj1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

thannks for the information and good luck, I have tried PM'ing you but having trouble at the moment, will try again later.