Wikiposts

Sponsoring an employee

Old Jan 30th 2014, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

hospitalitybusiness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring an employee

Hi All - New to the BE forum so was hoping to seek some assistance and guidance.

I am looking to sponsor two cooks who work for my restaurant from last three years. They hold an LMO at the moment and are on a closed work permit. I am looking to sponsor them via the PNP. Could someone answer the following questions for me ?

1. What NOC is cook ? I am getting two different ones when I google them ?
2. Can I sponsor them via BC pnp ?
3. IS is a skilled group A, B ,C or D ?
4. Will my employees need to give IELTS ?
5. Since they have already been working for me - do I need to show that I have been making efforts to recruit ? I mean should I still advertise the position for your weeks.

I am just keen to assist them else they will end up spending $5k to some immigration consultant. Secondly - Since its my business and BC pnp may request my financials , I would be more comfortable dealing with it myself rather then a third person who I may have to expose my profit and loss.

Is there any advice that someone could give me re this ?

Thanks a million. You guys are doing such an amazing job by helping each other.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring an employee

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by hospitalitybusiness
1. What NOC is cook ? I am getting two different ones when I google them ?
That'll be because the NOC code changed last year. Instead of using Google, it's always best to go to the official source, and you'll see that Cook is NOC 6322. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...322&val65=cook

2. Can I sponsor them via BC pnp ?
Yes, if you, they, and the job meet the criteria. You can check the PNP website to see the criteria, it's things like you needing a certain number of employees, and the employees needing a certain level of experience etc.

3. IS is a skilled group A, B ,C or D ?
C and D aren't skilled, only A, O or B are. But Cook's are Skill Level B, again you can check this yourself from the official source - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/...ml/Matrix.html

4. Will my employees need to give IELTS ?
5. Since they have already been working for me - do I need to show that I have been making efforts to recruit ? I mean should I still advertise the position for your weeks.
Both of these questions make it sound as though you haven't read the website? No, you don't need to prove that you've advertised the position as they're already working for you on a work permit, and they also don't need to do IELTS - only semi-skilled workers do.

Please do have a good read of the PNP website, which will tell you all you need to know about the program criteria, and also give you the forms etc needed to apply.

Then shout if you still have questions and somebody will always try and help.

Best of luck.