PR advice??

Old Jan 31st 2014, 1:30 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default PR advice??

We are about to apply for the AINP and can't remember if, after the initial approval from them (hopefully) when it goes to CIC will we be on implied status until a decision has been made or will be need to apply for our work permits to be extended 30 days before they expire in July 2015?

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2014, 4:47 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR advice??

Hi

Originally Posted by sms1984
We are about to apply for the AINP and can't remember if, after the initial approval from them (hopefully) when it goes to CIC will we be on implied status until a decision has been made or will be need to apply for our work permits to be extended 30 days before they expire in July 2015?

Thanks
1. No you wont' be on implied status when your TWP expires.
2. you will either need a new LMO or a facilitation letter from AINP to apply for a new work permit.
Old Jan 31st 2014, 5:21 pm
Still here!

hmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to beholdhmac is a splendid one to behold

I have just had my TWP renewed, it was due to expire at the end of March 2014. I now have an OWP(bridging) while we wait for a decision on our PR application.

I thought i had implied status, once my application had been approved for processing by CIC?
Old Jan 31st 2014, 6:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by hmac
I have just had my TWP renewed, it was due to expire at the end of March 2014. I now have an OWP(bridging) while we wait for a decision on our PR application.

I thought i had implied status, once my application had been approved for processing by CIC?

Applying for PR doesn't give you implied status.

Implied Status - Temporary Residents

As a temporary resident (TR), if you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a TR until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an Implied Status*.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying.