sponsor a spouse question?

Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Becki44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile sponsor a spouse question?

Hi,

We are so nearly there with the 100's of forms we have had to fill in and are just going through the last few checks.

On the Appendix A Checklist its states that i need 6 recent photo's of myself (my husband is sponsoring me) and family members. Do these photo's need to be included as this is the first i have seen that it needs to be done and am not sure its essential but am abit confused as, as always the CIC website is really confusing.

Thanks in advance
Becki
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:50 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsor a spouse question?

Originally Posted by Becki44
Hi,

We are so nearly there with the 100's of forms we have had to fill in and are just going through the last few checks.

On the Appendix A Checklist its states that i need 6 recent photo's of myself (my husband is sponsoring me) and family members. Do these photo's need to be included as this is the first i have seen that it needs to be done and am not sure its essential but am abit confused as, as always the CIC website is really confusing.

Thanks in advance
Becki
Yep you need to include the pictures with your documents at the initial stage
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: sponsor a spouse question?

Thats great thank you, do they need to all be the same for example six passport size photo's?

Thanks again
Becki
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:24 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great thank you, do they need to all be the same for example six passport size photo's?

Thanks again
Becki
Yeah they all need to conform to the require size as specified in the documentation.

I just took the sheet with the photo dimensions into a Snappy Snaps in London and the guy fired off a few pictures for me.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:29 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I echo that you should take the photo spec sheet with you when you get them taken as they are NOT the same size as standard UK passport photos.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sharkus
I echo that you should take the photo spec sheet with you when you get them taken as they are NOT the same size as standard UK passport photos.
Can someone send me a link to the form for these photos pls as i've tried to find them buit can't
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:07 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone send me a link to the form for these photos pls as i've tried to find them buit can't
Ok, here is the regional section link for West Europe, so that's the UK, and I assume that's where you are applying from.

This is the direct link to the PDF file, and it's "Appendix B: Photo Specifications" that you want.

Have a read of the Documents Checklist, specifically section 12, which states:

PHOTOS
Supply eight (8) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions
in your guide (see Photos in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in
Canada) and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications.

The for, that section refers to is, I think, this one (again a PDF file). The section on filling out forms starts on page 14, the part about Photos is in the "Details of Family members" section which starts on page 15 and the actual bit about photos is on page 16. It states:

Photos: Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of
your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying
you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated at Appendix A,
under PHOTOS. Photos must comply with specifications given at Appendix B, Photo
Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
· On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth
of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
· Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name,
date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the
envelope with a paper clip.
· Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.
Note that the visa office may also require additional photos at a later date.

Bottom line is. You'll need photos for the medical (think it's typically 5 per person) and you'll need photos for the application, looks like 8 per person, so that is quite a few photos!

Last edited by sharkus; Oct 6th 2009 at 5:14 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sharkus
Ok, here is the regional section link for West Europe, so that's the UK, and I assume that's where you are applying from.

This is the direct link to the PDF file, and it's "Appendix B: Photo Specifications" that you want.

Have a read of the Documents Checklist, specifically section 12, which states:

PHOTOS
Supply eight (8) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the instructions
in your guide (see Photos in section on completing the Application for Permanent Residence in
Canada) and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications.

The for, that section refers to is, I think, this one (again a PDF file). The section on filling out forms starts on page 14, the part about Photos is in the "Details of Family members" section which starts on page 15 and the actual bit about photos is on page 16. It states:

Photos: Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of
your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying
you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated at Appendix A,
under PHOTOS. Photos must comply with specifications given at Appendix B, Photo
Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
· On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth
of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
· Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member’s name,
date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the
envelope with a paper clip.
· Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.
Note that the visa office may also require additional photos at a later date.

Bottom line is. You'll need photos for the medical (think it's typically 5 per person) and you'll need photos for the application, looks like 8 per person, so that is quite a few photos!
Thanks very much, i appreciate the help.