Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsor forms,confused with some questions

Wikiposts

Sponsor forms,confused with some questions

Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Sponsor forms,confused with some questions

Originally Posted by caleo
That is only if your application is going to paris
Yes, Caleo's right! DON'T waste hours doing this like a lot of us made the mistake of doing! It's ONLY for Paris. See my thread "What a waste of time" - it's all about this form!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Atlantis_Orca is on a distinguished road

Thank you Cowgirl.

I think i will be adding my fiance to IMM:0008 E Generic - Details of family members as it says in bold:

"You must include your spouse or common law partner,if applicable, and all your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

I'm still a little confused.He is my common law partner so i would put him on the form but then at the same time he is a Canadian citizen as he is a born Canadian.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:17 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Atlantis_Orca
Thank you Cowgirl.

I think i will be adding my fiance to IMM:0008 E Generic - Details of family members as it says in bold:

"You must include your spouse or common law partner,if applicable, and all your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada."

I'm still a little confused.He is my common law partner so i would put him on the form but then at the same time he is a Canadian citizen as he is a born Canadian.
1. Read the whole sentence. who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada. The only place that you include him/her would be on the IMM 5406.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that PMM.

Wasn't to sure as it says include your common law partner if applicable and then it says do not include them if citizen or resident.

I won't be adding that form. Thank you.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

Thanks for that PMM.

Wasn't to sure as it says include your common law partner if applicable and then it says do not include them if citizen or resident.

I won't be adding that form. Thank you.
No, don't include him, like PMM says.

I know what you mean - it perhaps could have been worded a bit better. Forms can be confusing at times.

We included that form in our package, but just wrote "Not Applicable" for that section.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Awesome.

Is it best to write N/A for questions not answered or is it ok to leave them blank ?
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:44 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Awesome.

Is it best to write N/A for questions not answered or is it ok to leave them blank ?
Never leave a blank, use N/A as with blanks, the application has a tendency to be returned.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 8:42 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Help! I wish I'd never read this thread!!! My knickers are now most firmly twisted! It's a bit like a Home Doctor book, I'm now wondering if I have all the symptoms and problems listed.

I am presently 'just' awaiting the return of my Police Check from the UK which appears to be taking forever - I am hoping Christmas post problems, as I said to my husband the other day 'I can't have a conviction I don't know about can I - what if there's been identity theft and the false me is a cad and a bounder'? He is now thinking of getting me mental counselling, as it well may be needed before this application is finished.

Crikey, what a lot of forms, now I'm convinced I haven't done something, and am going to print all of this thread, and go through all the forms for the tenth time (including that wretched Paris form) and re-tick them off.

This might be an excess of optimism.....but, surely even if you did inadvertently mix up one of these replies, they might give you the benefit of the doubt and just ask for clarification? I was hoping that my cover letter - I was wooed by a Canadian 17 years ago, had a miracle child nine years ago, and so rushed off and married the father, and now would like to go back to his homeland, with our Canadian child, can I come too please? - might just clarify the picture.

Weeks ago, I filled in the forms and was convinced all would be relatively simple, and now the longer I wait to send the forms, the more I start worrying.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MillieF
Oh Help! I wish I'd never read this thread!!! My knickers are now most firmly twisted! It's a bit like a Home Doctor book, I'm now wondering if I have all the symptoms and problems listed.

I am presently 'just' awaiting the return of my Police Check from the UK which appears to be taking forever - I am hoping Christmas post problems, as I said to my husband the other day 'I can't have a conviction I don't know about can I - what if there's been identity theft and the false me is a cad and a bounder'? He is now thinking of getting me mental counselling, as it well may be needed before this application is finished.

Crikey, what a lot of forms, now I'm convinced I haven't done something, and am going to print all of this thread, and go through all the forms for the tenth time (including that wretched Paris form) and re-tick them off.

This might be an excess of optimism.....but, surely even if you did inadvertently mix up one of these replies, they might give you the benefit of the doubt and just ask for clarification? I was hoping that my cover letter - I was wooed by a Canadian 17 years ago, had a miracle child nine years ago, and so rushed off and married the father, and now would like to go back to his homeland, with our Canadian child, can I come too please? - might just clarify the picture.

Weeks ago, I filled in the forms and was convinced all would be relatively simple, and now the longer I wait to send the forms, the more I start worrying.
Oh Millie you make me laugh!!

Don't worry, you'll be fine! What we did after we completed the forms was go through the guides again alongside each question on the Application forms - we did this 2 or 3 times. Anything at all we weren't sure of we just asked on here, and any mistake we spotted on the forms we just re-did that page.

The one page we re-did several times was the blasted Paris one that we didn't have to do in the first place! I'm still annoyed about that!!

You're better though to take your time with everything before you send it off. I know, you probably feel like you're going crazy with it all - I certainly did!!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Out of which forms should i send from IMM 3901E ?

They probably won't need the cover of it.

Appendix A: Document Checklist - Yes

For Appendix B and C Photo Specifications and Medical Instructions i wouldn't have to send those would i ? Also Same with the My Travels (Paris Only) and the questionnaire for Albanian Residents.

Would i still send them, just put N/A or would be it ok to leave them out completely ?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:22 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Out of which forms should i send from IMM 3901E ?

They probably won't need the cover of it.

Appendix A: Document Checklist - Yes

For Appendix B and C Photo Specifications and Medical Instructions i wouldn't have to send those would i ? Also Same with the My Travels (Paris Only) and the questionnaire for Albanian Residents.

Would i still send them, just put N/A or would be it ok to leave them out completely ?
I'm fairly sure the only appendix you send is the document checklist, the others are all just informational pages for you. Rule of thumb is if you need to fill anything in, then you need to send it.
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much everyone for all your help we appreciate it very very much.

We are about to go out and send them off and I'm very worried already lol.

Thanks again for everything good luck to everyone and merry Christmas and have a happy new year.

Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:24 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for everything good luck to everyone and merry Christmas and have a happy new year.

No problem whatsoever Just make sure you've taken a couple of photocopies of all of the items you are going to send off, just so you have a copy of what you sent.

Now you just have to wait a little while, which will hopefully be a lot shorter than I, as I went with the inland application, and you're going outland.

Best of luck
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF

I am with Cowgirl - it is quite normal to feel you haven't done something etc. It is worse for you as you still have the forms - I started to panic once they had been sent - and by then it was far too late anyway!

Hope your PC arrives soon!
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!