Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

finally Got IELTS results ...package is off

finally Got IELTS results ...package is off

Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Jadantrak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default finally Got IELTS results ...package is off

thought id share my awful yet wonderful day
It all started when my immigration lawyer said to get all documents notarized..easier said than done ..living in the UAE this is nigh impossible.

We waited at notary service centre for an hour to be told all documents every passport copy and birth cert needed translating to arabic they would then stamp them......aghh this would take about a week , a week we dont have as CAP for our NOC is nearly reached for the year.

Finally contacted the Australian Embassy who were wonderful and stamped everything for us except my birth cert as I was born in The UK. I phoned embassy who said they will stamp everything except birth cert this need to be done in UK itself.

Had to write letters to support fact why i couldn't get reference letters from previous employers. I have letters stating term of employment but not full duties to cover NOC . so organized current employment reference with full NOC support. also stamped notarized letters with NOC support from those employees that wouldn't give along with copies of the emails i sent them requesting references

Any way finally all fed ex to lawyer today and should be to immigration before end of week, the lawyer has been very attentive and i think we have more than everything we need , so hopefully we will get our AOR as new years present.

Our daughter is applying for Calgary university to start in Fall 2011 so really want to go with her , or at least a few months later

Ive been reading this forum for a whilst and now can feel what people have been going through .............do they hand you a medal with your visa
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

kmacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: finally Got IELTS results ...package is off

Good luck Jadantrak, hopefully it will be worth all the trouble! Fingers crossed!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks kmacca

forgot to say did really well in my IELTS which I was actually worried about was harder than I thought , would have been embarrassing to fail seeing as I am actually English and dont speak any other language
Old Dec 19th 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

As far as I'm aware a notary is not allowed to notarise a birth certificate for whatever reason anyway because of the type of document it is.

Tim
Old Dec 19th 2010, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Tim

makes me feel better was hoping it wouldnt be returned for that
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:11 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010
As far as I'm aware a notary is not allowed to notarise a birth certificate for whatever reason anyway because of the type of document it is.

Tim
This is true - it is because of Crown copyright. Notaries used to be allowed to do this but the Notary Society has recently informed all notaries that thy must not do this any more.
You need to order another certified copy from the Registry Office where you were born.
Same goes for Marriage certificates.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helcat12
This is true - it is because of Crown copyright. Notaries used to be allowed to do this but the Notary Society has recently informed all notaries that thy must not do this any more.
You need to order another certified copy from the Registry Office where you were born.
Same goes for Marriage certificates.
Hmm. We took photocopies of our birth certificates and got those notarized. Didn't know notaries were not allowed to do this? We had it done by a full solicitor, so guess they may be allowed to do it.

I can 100% say these are acceptable because our application passed the completeness check and the final eligibility review and is hopefully now winging its way from Sydney NS to London visa office.

Wayne.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

thanks for you replies ,

just heard from my immigration lawyer that they are happy with everything and will be submitting this week hopefully before NOC Cap closes.

then i guess its just a waiting game
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jadantrak
thanks for you replies ,

just heard from my immigration lawyer that they are happy with everything and will be submitting this week hopefully before NOC Cap closes.

then i guess its just a waiting game
Out of interest, what NOC are you applying under? Is the cap nearly reached?

Fingers crossed you get it in on time.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Out of interest, what NOC are you applying under? Is the cap nearly reached?

Fingers crossed you get it in on time.
The only one that is close is Registered nurses. It is probably full as we read, since there are only 36 spaces left, and I would think that there are at least that many in CIO that haven't been opened.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies my NOC is registered nurse so yes the CAP is very close! 964 places out of the 1000 have been taken, our package is due to arrive at the lawyers today so it's going to be tight, but fingers crossed!!! My daughter just received her offer from University of Calgary about an hour ago so I'm hoping our app will be as successful as hers! ha ha!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As PMM said, just the ones already at CIO in NS will probably take them over the cap, so pleeeease don't get your hopes up! By today I expect it's filled. Fingers crossed it's still on the list next July for you.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim010

Tim
Only in Canada, fine to do so in the UK
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jadantrak
Thanks for the replies my NOC is registered nurse so yes the CAP is very close! 964 places out of the 1000 have been taken, our package is due to arrive at the lawyers today so it's going to be tight, but fingers crossed!!! My daughter just received her offer from University of Calgary about an hour ago so I'm hoping our app will be as successful as hers! ha ha!
Hi - the 3152 NOC has been filled as of 22nd December. I wish you the very best of luck but if your package didn't arrive until the 21st December at your lawyers unless they could hand deliver it on that day you may just have missed the boat

Do you know how your lawyer was getting the application to CIO?
Still, nothing to do now but cross fingers.

Wayne.
Old Dec 23rd 2010, 11:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Unfortunately, although it was announced that the cap was reached on 22nd December, as PMM said above, it was actually probably reached a couple of days previously with applications already there but waiting to be opened.

Hopefully the OP will be able to apply in July though.