sponsor - fiancee

Old Jun 28th 2001, 12:45 pm
sponsor

I have applyed to sponsor my fiancee(3 months ago). She have done her medical papers.
The officers from the canadian embassy told as that the proccessing of the visa take
around 6 months. It's a very long and very paintfull time. Anybody knows any way how
to obtain the visa in a shorter period of time?

Old Jun 28th 2001, 12:55 pm
Andrew Miller

6 months for a fiancée visa is a very, very short time and I wouldn't count on
it. In most countries fiancée visa process takes well over 12 months. Please bear in
mind that the shortest processing time currently is for spouses and it still
takes anywhere from 6 to 12+ months. There is no way to speed up the process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 28th 2001, 2:16 pm
sponsor

I' don't think that you right. Think about 2 people who wants to be togheter for the
whole life, the people who are missing each other and they have to wait so long time.
I' don't beleave that 6 months is a "very, very short time". Maybe you are right from
another points of view, but we are peoples, we have feelings, and is very paintfull
for us to live separete.

I' don't want to bother you but this is who I see from my experience.

Thank you for your response, Regards

>
count on
    >
Please
    >
and it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I have applyed to sponsor my fiancee(3 months ago). She have done her medical[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > papers. The officers from the canadian embassy told as that the proccessing of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the visa take around 6 months. It's a very long and very paintfull time. Anybody[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > knows any way how to obtain the visa in a[/usenetquote2]
shorter
[usenetquote2]> > period of time?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 28th 2001, 2:32 pm
Andrew Miller

You misinterpreted my post. I wrote that 6 months for fiancée visa is a "very, very
short time" referring to the average processing time of fiancée visas applications
which currently runs from about 8 to well over 18 months with the average of 12
months. I didn't refer in any way to your feelings and the pain of long term
separation. Those feelings and pain are well taken into consideration with spousal
applications which are being processed faster then immigration applications in any
other category, while fiancée cases processing time is closer to the processing time
of Independent category applications. I didn't have any intentions to hurt your
feelings, I just wanted to let you know what the reality of the process is to save
you a lot of frustration and disappointment if your fiancée will not have her visa
in 6 months.

You didn't say what country your fiancée is living in and which visa post her
application has been submitted to - if you would let us know those details then
myself or someone else would provide you with more precise current processing times
for fiancée visas in that particular visa post.

--

../..

sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > 6 months for a fiancée visa is a very, very short time and I wouldn't[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > it. In most countries fiancée visa process takes well over 12 months.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > bear in mind that the shortest processing time currently is for spouses[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > still takes anywhere from 6 to 12+ months. There is no way to speed up the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > process.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending an email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I have applyed to sponsor my fiancee(3 months ago). She have done her medical[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > papers. The officers from the canadian embassy told as that the proccessing of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the visa take around 6 months. It's a very long and very paintfull time.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Anybody knows any way how to obtain the visa in a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > period of time?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 28th 2001, 3:25 pm
sponsor

Hi Andrew,

I understand what you explain me. I haven't know that is a difference for proccessing
time bettween sponsor a spouse or a fiancee. I have asked to the embassy and thay
told me that there are no differences. Thay told me that if you sponsor or wife the
proccessing time is the same. What you told me is not what I know. Let's say for a
spouse. I read on the oficial web site that it's a program in some countries where
the proccessing time is up to 3 mounths. So that can be done in a shorter time. You
are right, thay told me that the average time is 6 months. I know situation with 4
months, but I know eather situation with one year. I'm affraid for us to don't be so
long. That way I'm looking for solutions for to be togheter in a shorter time. For us
6 months is a lot, 1 year.. I cannot think about this. She is living in Romania, and
there she post the application.

Thank you for your advice.

>
"very,
    >
    >
the
    >
pain
    >
    >
then
    >
processing
    >
applications. I
    >
know
    >
    >
    >
    >
her
    >
then
    >
processing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I' don't think that you right. Think about 2 people who wants to be togheter for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the whole life, the people who are missing each other and[/usenetquote2]
they
[usenetquote2]> > have to wait so long time. I' don't beleave that 6 months is a "very,[/usenetquote2]
very
[usenetquote2]> > short time". Maybe you are right from another points of view, but we are peoples,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > we have feelings, and is very paintfull for us to live[/usenetquote2]
separete.
[usenetquote2]> > I' don't want to bother you but this is who I see from my experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you for your response, Regards[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > 6 months for a fiancée visa is a very, very short time and I wouldn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > count on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > it. In most countries fiancée visa process takes well over 12 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > bear in mind that the shortest processing time currently is for[/usenetquote2]
spouses
[usenetquote2]> > and it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > still takes anywhere from 6 to 12+ months. There is no way to speed up[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > > process.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > sending an[/usenetquote2]
email)
[usenetquote2]> > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > I have applyed to sponsor my fiancee(3 months ago). She have done[/usenetquote2]
her
[usenetquote2]> > > > medical papers. The officers from the canadian embassy told as that[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > > > proccessing of the visa take around 6 months. It's a very long and[/usenetquote2]
very
[usenetquote2]> > > > paintfull time. Anybody knows any way how to obtain the visa in a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > shorter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > period of time?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 28th 2001, 4:30 pm
Andrew Miller

Unfortunately Romania is one of those countries where processing time is much longer
than average and it may take well over what you've been told. But if you have been
personally in the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest and they told you about 6 months,
then just keep your fingers crossed..., but don't hold your breath

--

../..

sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > You misinterpreted my post. I wrote that 6 months for fiancée visa is a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > very short time" referring to the average processing time of fiancée visas[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > applications which currently runs from about 8 to well over 18 months with[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > average of 12 months. I didn't refer in any way to your feelings and the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > of long term separation. Those feelings and pain are well taken into[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > consideration with spousal applications which are being processed faster[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > immigration applications in any other category, while fiancée cases[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > time is closer to the processing time of Independent category[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > didn't have any intentions to hurt your feelings, I just wanted to let you[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > what the reality of the process is to save you a lot of frustration and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > disappointment if your fiancée will not have her visa in 6 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > You didn't say what country your fiancée is living in and which visa post[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > application has been submitted to - if you would let us know those details[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > myself or someone else would provide you with more precise current[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > times for fiancée visas in that particular visa post.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending an email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I' don't think that you right. Think about 2 people who wants to be togheter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > for the whole life, the people who are missing each other and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > have to wait so long time. I' don't beleave that 6 months is a "very,[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > short time". Maybe you are right from another points of view, but we are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > peoples, we have feelings, and is very paintfull for us to live[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > I' don't want to bother you but this is who I see from my experience.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thank you for your response, Regards[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > 6 months for a fiancée visa is a very, very short time and I wouldn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > count on[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > it. In most countries fiancée visa process takes well over 12 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Please[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > bear in mind that the shortest processing time currently is for[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > and it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > still takes anywhere from 6 to 12+ months. There is no way to speed up[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > process.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > sending an[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > > I have applyed to sponsor my fiancee(3 months ago). She have done[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > > medical papers. The officers from the canadian embassy told as that[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > > proccessing of the visa take around 6 months. It's a very long and[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > > paintfull time. Anybody knows any way how to obtain the visa in a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > shorter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > period of time?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 30th 2001, 3:35 am
PMM

Hi Sponsor

>
much
    >
if you
    >
you
    >
your
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Andrew,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I understand what you explain me. I haven't know that is a difference for[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > proccessing time bettween[/usenetquote2]
sponsor a
[usenetquote2]> > spouse or a fiancee. I have asked to the embassy and thay told me that[/usenetquote2]
there
[usenetquote2]> > are no differences. Thay told me that if you sponsor or wife the[/usenetquote2]
proccessing
[usenetquote2]> > time is the same. What you told me is not what I know. Let's say for a spouse. I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > read on the oficial web site that it's a program in some[/usenetquote2]
countries
[usenetquote2]> > where the proccessing time is up to 3 mounths. So that can be done in a shorter[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > time. You are right, thay told me that the average time is 6 months. I know[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > situation with 4 months, but I know eather situation with one year. I'm affraid[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > for us to don't be so long. That way I'm looking for solutions[/usenetquote2]
for
[usenetquote2]> > to be togheter in a shorter time. For us 6 months is a lot, 1 year.. I cannot[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > think about this. She is living in Romania, and there she post the application.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you for your advice.[/usenetquote2]

In 2000 the average processing time at Bucharest for non-spousal family class for 80%
of the applications was 9 months. Note that the average is based on 2000 numbers and
may not reflect today's processing times.

PMM