Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

sponsor approved! whats the next stage

sponsor approved! whats the next stage

Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

treemanstu will become famous soon enough
Default sponsor approved! whats the next stage

ok so my sponsor has been approved and after a telephone conversation withe the cic they are in london for stage 2 of the application.

I know what the process is but i am slightly concerned about one thing?

* do they request your passport to get add your residency for canada into it.

if so i am going to work for a few weeks in europe and wonder if there was a timeframe to get it back to them.

if anyone could tell me what the exact process is for stage2 of an overseas application (common-Law), that would be very helpful.

cheers
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsor approved! whats the next stage

Hi

Originally Posted by treemanstu
ok so my sponsor has been approved and after a telephone conversation withe the cic they are in london for stage 2 of the application.

I know what the process is but i am slightly concerned about one thing?

* do they request your passport to get add your residency for canada into it.

if so i am going to work for a few weeks in europe and wonder if there was a timeframe to get it back to them.

if anyone could tell me what the exact process is for stage2 of an overseas application (common-Law), that would be very helpful.

cheers
If you are from a Visa exempt country, and your application was processed in CGM System, then they usually only request a complete copy of your passport. The posted processing time is for 80% of spousal applications. 8 months.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

I live in the UK along with my partner Who is (canadian), form were sent to CPC-M and now back in london awaiting decision, if its approved do you need to send the embassy my passport.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

i have sent the copy of my passport in application. i guess its for this reason im asking about.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

PMM has answered your question above.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

firstchoice is an unknown quantity at this point

There is also the possibility that the London visa office will not even ask for passport copies before issuing the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. This was the experience of one of my clients recently in a spousal application. CHC London filled in the eye colour etc. from the details they already had. It makes sense ... unless there is a question as to whether someone is in Canada illegally, why ask for their passport copies if you already have them. I was really pleased to see that CIC is trying to be more efficient.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks first choice! thanks for the sharing.