Speedy Student Visa...

Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Matt^H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speedy Student Visa...

Posted off the relevant information on Monday 14th to apply for the student/work visa and got it back today (Saturday 19th) with acceptance of admission to Canada on the above visa status.

Seeing I was expecting at least a 3 to 4 weeks wait (possibly longer), 5 days is somewhat of a shock. No medical, police records or interview required.

M.

Gnaritas fas est Imperium
YU, Toronto, Canada Sept 04'
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:30 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Speedy Student Visa...

Originally posted by Matt^H
Posted off the relevant information on Monday 14th to apply for the student/work visa and got it back today (Saturday 19th) with acceptance of admission to Canada on the above visa status.

Seeing I was expecting at least a 3 to 4 weeks wait (possibly longer), 5 days is somewhat of a shock. No medical, police records or interview required.

M.

Gnaritas fas est Imperium
YU, Toronto, Canada Sept 04'
When we applied for a study permit from London, ours also took only a handful of days, however we had not yet applied for PR.

Do you have an application pending for PR?
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

Excellent news Matt. I must admit, I thought it would take much longer.

Just shows how much I know about student visas
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by BritBob
Excellent news Matt. I must admit, I thought it would take much longer.

Just shows how much I know about student visas

Cheers Bob. To be honest I am in the same boat as you, the values branded about on the various leaflets and websites indicated that at least 2 to 3 week is needed, but generally takes under 28 days. This compared to 5 days is quite substantial.

Regards, Matt.

PS: Tiaribbon, no I don't have an application for PR on-going, simply because for the time being I don't need it. The student visa will keep in the country (as long as I renew each year) for upto 3 years in relation to the length of the study program. I will also be able to work on campus aswell. In the long run if jobs become available after the course I will maywell apply for PR, but obviously as you can appreciate this is a long way down the line seeing that, as just mentioned, the student visa will do me for a number of years.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:11 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck with everything. Hope you enjoy your time in Canada.
Tia
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Tiaribbon
Good luck with everything. Hope you enjoy your time in Canada.
Tia
Hi. Thanks for that, much appreciated...

All the best. Matt.