Specific Spousal ?'s

Old Jun 15th 2003, 7:55 pm
Rak
Just Joined

Rak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Specific Spousal ?'s

I'll describe my situation then I'll list my questions I need help with, hopefully someone will be able to help me here goes:

I am a US citizen, my fiancee is Canadian. I would like to move there to live with her in Ontario. She is currently unemployed but looking for work. I would hope to begin the process for spousal sponsership ASAP but am confused on the specific stipulations, here's where I need the advice.

1. Should I marry in the US or CAN and apply from abroad or from within Canada? Are there any rules about coming and going between the United States and Canada during the processing time? If so what are they?

2. Once the applications are submitted when can you apply for a work permit if application is submitted from within Canada. ( This is one of my main concerns as I have certain financial responsibilites that I need to take care of during this timeframe. )

3. What types of documents would serve as proof of relationship? We have pictures, phone bills, videotape, airline itineraries, baggage tags airline tickets, letters and cards.