Speaking to Bufffalo????

Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:01 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough
Default Speaking to Bufffalo????

I have never seen an answer to this question, but does anyone have any ideas how to speak to a real person at Buffalo? I have sent a fax regarding my missing police certificate from Australia but I know they will not respond. How can I speak to a person, has anybody got a phone number at all? I am so desparate.

Ozinca
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

whyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Speaking to Bufffalo????

There's no info on this coz it's not possible to speak to a person If it were then I think the ECA group that was started would not exist

I'd suggest that you write a letter to them also and see if that helps. By the way, I heard that too many inquries can lead to delays so be careful

Originally Posted by ozinca
I have never seen an answer to this question, but does anyone have any ideas how to speak to a real person at Buffalo? I have sent a fax regarding my missing police certificate from Australia but I know they will not respond. How can I speak to a person, has anybody got a phone number at all? I am so desparate.

Ozinca
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whyme
There's no info on this coz it's not possible to speak to a person If it were then I think the ECA group that was started would not exist

I'd suggest that you write a letter to them also and see if that helps. By the way, I heard that too many inquries can lead to delays so be careful
I wouldn't recommend you do that because you can tick off the immigration officer and distruct them from their duties, but if you really want to, the information is out there. If you look on the net, you can find direct phone numbers of the immigration officers. Please don't ask me to give you the number, but as I said, if you look, you'll find it.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:17 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by dimon237
I wouldn't recommend you do that because you can tick off the immigration officer and distruct them from their duties, but if you really want to, the information is out there. If you look on the net, you can find direct phone numbers of the immigration officers. Please don't ask me to give you the number, but as I said, if you look, you'll find it.
Do you mean the phone number for Buffalo on the CIC web site? It is only a recording and it mentions that at no time can you speak with anyone. Is this the number you mean or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Do you mean the phone number for Buffalo on the CIC web site? It is only a recording and it mentions that at no time can you speak with anyone. Is this the number you mean or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
No, the phone numbers that I'm talking about are not published on the website. You can do a search and find direct phone numbers of several immigration officers in Buffalo, but as i said, I would not recommend calling them.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Dimon,

That's just wrong it's like putting candy in front of a kid and telling the kid not to eat it
But, I'd suggest that you let it be and u'll get the info in time.... don't make you case get delayed becuase of queries.

No, the phone numbers that I'm talking about are not published on the website. You can do a search and find direct phone numbers of several immigration officers in Buffalo, but as i said, I would not recommend calling them.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by whyme
Dimon,

That's just wrong it's like putting candy in front of a kid and telling the kid not to eat it
But, I'd suggest that you let it be and u'll get the info in time.... don't make you case get delayed becuase of queries.
I could post them here, but I don't want to be accused of posting something that could result in a storm of phone calls to the officers. I know, as I was one of the anxious applicants only 1 month ago, that everyone thinks that their case is very special and somehow takes longer than others, that's just human nature. But imagine if everybody reading this forums all of a sudden started calling the officers to check how things are going. Who would we blame for delays then? So if you find the numbers yourself and make a descision to call, fine. I just don't want to be blamed for anything that results from this. I just wanted to give you a tip, that the information is there. And if you REALLY REALLY have an emergency case that REALLY REALLY requires attantion, like your case has been in process since 1800's, than maybe it makes sense to call. As I said, all you have to do to find them is search the most popular search engine with proper terms. It's actually on CIC website
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

spas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ozinca,
if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to find their phone number. I tell you my experience and you draw your own conclusion. I got a call from Buffalo when I wasn't home and they left me a phone number where I could call. I called many times and they never picked up the phone. I was only able to leave a message and then they called me back.
I also had to send letters and faxes and in my experience letters are processed faster. If you send it by courrier that has an overnight service it'll get there in less than 24 hours. A friend of mine got the COPR with a mistake. So she sent a fax urgently as they requeted. Then an officer from Buffalo called her back...but three months later.
My recomendation: start the process of your police certificate, send a letter and a fax. Write on the envelope your file number and that your case is a family class as your get priority. Same thing for the fax. Write it BIG.

Hope that helps

spas
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:30 pm
Happy Canadian PR

Originally Posted by spas
Hi Ozinca,
if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to find their phone number. I tell you my experience and you draw your own conclusion. I got a call from Buffalo when I wasn't home and they left me a phone number where I could call. I called many times and they never picked up the phone. I was only able to leave a message and then they called me back.
I also had to send letters and faxes and in my experience letters are processed faster. If you send it by courrier that has an overnight service it'll get there in less than 24 hours. A friend of mine got the COPR with a mistake. So she sent a fax urgently as they requeted. Then an officer from Buffalo called her back...but three months later.
My recomendation: start the process of your police certificate, send a letter and a fax. Write on the envelope your file number and that your case is a family class as your get priority. Same thing for the fax. Write it BIG.

Hope that helps

spas

Thanks spas, I am feeling at a total loss right now but I did ask them to call me (I put my phone number on the fax) as soon as possible to let me know if they find the police check. I just have to deal with this as best I can.

Thank you dimon237, I have no idea how to find the phone numbers you speak of (I spent the last hour looking). I am a big fan of 'The Da Vinci Code' and so I loved your crytic clues but I have no idea how to crack your code. If you haven't read this book, it sounds like you would love it.

Ozinca

Last edited by ozinca; Dec 9th 2004 at 5:35 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

I totally agree with spas....what i'd do instead is maybe order my CAIPS file... that should have info that you neeed.. besides remember like someone on the ECA post said.. it's like pushing the elevator button a millinon times knowing very well that it'll still take it's own time!
Don't worry.... we all are in the same boat as you and vent on this site... it helps me atleast
Originally Posted by spas
Hi Ozinca,

Hope that helps

spas
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks spas, I am feeling at a total loss right now but I did ask them to call me (I put my phone number on the fax) as soon as possible to let me know if they find the police check. I just have to deal with this as best I can.

Thank you dimon237, I have no idea how to find the phone numbers you speak of (I spent the last hour looking). I am a big fan of 'The Da Vinci Code' and so I loved your crytic clues but I have no idea how to crack your code. If you haven't read this book, it sounds like you would love it.

Ozinca
ozinca, i'll give you one last tip, not to make this a game show "find your officer's phone number". It's a giveaway: go to google and look for the name of your immigration officer followed by "immigration officer" you'll find it. God bless the internet. You can find anything if you just look.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:42 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca, i'll give you one last tip, not to make this a game show "find your officer's phone number". It's a giveaway: go to google and look for the name of your immigration officer followed by "immigration officer" you'll find it. God bless the internet. You can find anything if you just look.
I have no idea who my immigration officer is? The letter they sent my is just a generic letter requesting additional documents. There is no name. It just states that they have completed the initial asessment and will not require an interview blah blah blah. And then they ticked the box for additional documents required and over the page the officer hand wrote Australian police check.

Ozinca

Last edited by ozinca; Dec 9th 2004 at 5:45 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

I have no idea who my immigration officer is? The letter they sent my is just a generic letter requesting additional documents. There is no name.

Ozinca
I think there was a topic on this forum on how to find out who your officer is. C'mon be creative.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:47 pm
Happy Canadian PR

I think there was a topic on this forum on how to find out who your officer is. C'mon be creative.

Yes, I remember this being discussed. The initials after my file number are not on that list. But I will try again.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:28 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

I could post them here, but I don't want to be accused of posting something that could result in a storm of phone calls to the officers. I know, as I was one of the anxious applicants only 1 month ago, that everyone thinks that their case is very special and somehow takes longer than others, that's just human nature. But imagine if everybody reading this forums all of a sudden started calling the officers to check how things are going. Who would we blame for delays then? So if you find the numbers yourself and make a descision to call, fine. I just don't want to be blamed for anything that results from this. I just wanted to give you a tip, that the information is there. And if you REALLY REALLY have an emergency case that REALLY REALLY requires attantion, like your case has been in process since 1800's, than maybe it makes sense to call. As I said, all you have to do to find them is search the most popular search engine with proper terms. It's actually on CIC website
I agree with dimon. If I were you, I wouldn't call Buffalo. I would just send a letter like everybody else. Just the fact that you were able to find the officer's phone number and you did not follow the rules set by CIC will piss him off before you even open your mouth! You will only make him feel that you are smarter than the system, which I don't think is a good thing! It is almost the same as trying to win an argument with your boss. Do you really win when you prove your boss wrong?

I would send them a respectful letter requesting that they look for your police certificate because you sent it with your ROLF so you know they have it. This is your best argument. In the mean time apply for a new certificate. This might be a 2 month delay, but atleast you won't piss anybody off which might mean a longer delay. That's my humble opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.