Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sorry a bit confused with all the visa stuff

Wikiposts

Sorry a bit confused with all the visa stuff

Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Ry81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Sorry a bit confused with all the visa stuff

Ok a little confused

Iam a plumber from uk

Can I apply for a twp ? If I get a positive lmo from a employer ?

Also can I apply to emigrate if I get a lmo from a employer ?

Confused with the skilled worker programme and the federal skilled worker programme or are they the same ?

The new job list , is this the jobs Canada only needs so if your not listed you can't apply ?
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry a bit confused with all the visa stuff

I reckon nobody is keen to get stuck into this one, as it would require a full explanation of the Canadian immigration process! Start by reading the wiki above,....then perhaps read it again, then ask some more specific questions if you still can't find the answers you want.

Cheers
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:15 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ry81
Ok a little confused

Iam a plumber from uk

Can I apply for a twp ? If I get a positive lmo from a employer ?

Also can I apply to emigrate if I get a lmo from a employer ?

Confused with the skilled worker programme and the federal skilled worker programme or are they the same ?

The new job list , is this the jobs Canada only needs so if your not listed you can't apply ?

You can apply for any job on a TWP, getting an LMO is the key. Have a read of the TWP thead just below. You will see the CIC have been forced to clamp down on all new LMO applications. :@(
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:59 pm
Just Joined

Sorry will try make it simpler

Can I apply to emigrate as my trade as plumber if I can get a lmo approval ?

Currently I think the answer is no , as my trade isn't on the job list posted last week by immigration
Old May 1st 2013, 12:00 am
Just Joined

I will have a look at the threads yous have mentioned thank you
Old May 1st 2013, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Can I apply to emigrate as my trade as plumber if I can get a lmo approval ?
If you managed to get a LMO for a plumbers job then Yes you'd be able to live and work in Canada for a limited period of time on a Temporary Work Permit. Beyond that you'd have to apply for Permanent Residency but I'm not familiar with the process from then on.

HOWEVER, getting the LMO is probably going to be the hard part for you, especially now. As a start your potential employer will have to explain why they cannot employ a Canadian to fill the role and then provide proof that they've tried to employ a Canadian over a set period of time.

Does Canada have a shortage of plumbers? Do you have a very niche plumbing specialization? Do you need any Canada specific training or qualifications?

Last edited by Ernie_wise; May 1st 2013 at 12:44 am.
Old May 1st 2013, 12:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The reason that plumber isn't on the list of eligible occupations for Federal Skilled Workers that CIC released last week is that they are already on the eligible occupations list for the Federal Skilled Trade Program.

So you could apply for PR under that route (no job offer or LMO required).

As has been said above, have a good read of the Wiki and also the CIC website, which will give you an overview of your options.

Best of luck.
Old May 1st 2013, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Try using this tool, it might help you clarify which route to take:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp
Old May 1st 2013, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Ok read it a few times , I can plumb a house , ch syste, , drainage , under floor , solar you name it i can do it ( I am one of those people who love my job and don't mid having o go to work every week day ) but can I understand this well not really .....

The imigration wizard things says am eligible for the canadiN international experince ( working holiday) I m 31 , 32 next week

One last question or two

So the fedral skilled worker and fedral skilled trade programme are different?

And what is PR for applying by that route not needing a lmo .

I apologise for the dumb questions , it seems the more I try read up on it the less I understand lol
Old May 1st 2013, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Ok understand the pr route now
Old May 1st 2013, 6:27 am
Just Joined

So I need to get red seal approved , I can apply to challenge the exam , witch under info on there website I meet the criteria , but they have the final say , but then I need a canadian address to challenge and valid canadian ID on the day of the exam ? Provence of BC are looking to change this , but haven't set anything yet
Old May 1st 2013, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

it seems the more I try read up on it the less I understand lol
Now I KNOW you're getting into it!!

You'll get there mate! Best of luck