Some questions for a beginner

Old May 31st 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

boracay is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Some questions for a beginner

Hello. Just some questions for a beginner ---

1. I will take my IELTS on June 25 and will get the results 2 weeks thereafter. If we are ready with all other documents before the results arrive, should we go ahead and file or should we await the IELTS results ?

2. In determining the applicable points from the NOC list, do we consider our actual jobs from country of origin (ex. lawyer) or the job we project to get once in Canada ? My problem is that while I am a lawyer in my country I can't practice law in Canada unless I take and pass the bar.

3. Can we accomplish the application forms after printing a blank copy of the same ? I noticed that filling it up online does not allow that two boxes are checked at the same time (ex. relatives in Canada - only 1 box is allowed to be checked)

4. For the proof of funds, can we include life insurance ? If yes, what value do we assign to it ?

5. For proof of relationship in Canada, if my relatives' documents (ex. birth certificate) do not show on its face that we are related, can I clip a short note explaining why we are related ?

6. For employment, I read somewhere that it may help to write a brief description of what the companies I have worked for do ? Is this allowed and helpful ?

7. If after filing the application I, as the principal applicant, receive a job offer, do I need to amend the application or do I just write the embassy to inform them of this fact ? Will the job offer expedite the processing ?

Thanks
Old May 31st 2005, 8:58 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some questions for a beginner

3. Can we accomplish the application forms after printing a blank copy of the same ? I noticed that filling it up online does not allow that two boxes are checked at the same time (ex. relatives in Canada - only 1 box is allowed to be checked)

Why not print off what you have and amend in writing with covering note if need to explain further, shouldn't be a problem.

6. For employment, I read somewhere that it may help to write a brief description of what the companies I have worked for do ? Is this allowed and helpful ?

Sure, as much information as helps support your file and prove the relevance of your skills, experience, roles held, etc.

7. If after filing the application I, as the principal applicant, receive a job offer, do I need to amend the application or do I just write the embassy to inform them of this fact ? Will the job offer expedite the processing ?

Once you get AOR letter with file number you can send any additional supporting info, include file number on correspondence and reason for sending it, it will all be added to your file and CIC officer will include it in assessment. Just be sure not to 'save' anything til later and send soonest/with original application if possible. Job offer must be HRDC approved to count for points but non-HRDC offer will also be logged to support your application.

[/QUOTE]

Good luck,

Rich.
Old May 31st 2005, 2:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Application must include proof of proficiency in English and/or French. Application without such proof will be returned.

2. What "points from NOC list"??? There are no points for occupation at all and there are for sure no "points from NOC list".

3. see Rich_007 reply

4. No, life insurance can't be used as proof of funds.

5. Nope, it won't work. Only set of birth certificates can prove acceptable blood relation

6 & 7. see Rich_007 reply

Originally Posted by boracay
Hello. Just some questions for a beginner ---

1. I will take my IELTS on June 25 and will get the results 2 weeks thereafter. If we are ready with all other documents before the results arrive, should we go ahead and file or should we await the IELTS results ?

2. In determining the applicable points from the NOC list, do we consider our actual jobs from country of origin (ex. lawyer) or the job we project to get once in Canada ? My problem is that while I am a lawyer in my country I can't practice law in Canada unless I take and pass the bar.

4. For the proof of funds, can we include life insurance ? If yes, what value do we assign to it ?

5. For proof of relationship in Canada, if my relatives' documents (ex. birth certificate) do not show on its face that we are related, can I clip a short note explaining why we are related ?

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

boracay is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

Another question ---

Our country-specific forms require among others the submission of proof of funds including properties showing their "official statement of valuation". Does this mean that we need to engaged a private appraiser or will a government issued valuation do ? The problem with the 2nd alternative is that the value reflected in their declaration is usually 20 times lower than the actual value. The problem with the independent appraiser is that it costs so much.