Soft landing in Calgary

Old Jul 22nd 2018, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold
Default Soft landing in Calgary

Hi everyone, just a quickie.....We can do a soft land in Calgary can't we? I'm just having a mild panic as I realise I usually only see Toronto and Vancouver mentioned 😳
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soft landing in Calgary

Depends on the pilot and the aircraft. But yes you can do a landing where you will not be establishing a residence.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Warwickbowman
Hi everyone, just a quickie.....We can do a soft land in Calgary can't we? I'm just having a mild panic as I realise I usually only see Toronto and Vancouver mentioned 😳
Yes definitely.

Assuming of course you are arriving on an international flight as you must declare PR to your first port of landing in Canada (i.e. you can't land at say Toronto, then transfer to an internal Canadian flight to Calgary then try to activate your PR in Calgary, as you will be in the domestic terminal). I know for a fact that there are many international flights direct to Calgary. The reason you have only read about people doing this in Toronto or Vancouver is because so many people do. I activated our CoPR in Ottawa, I know of another who did so in Halifax etc.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Depends on the pilot and the aircraft. But yes you can do a landing where you will not be establishing a residence.
Actually, it depends entirely on the pilot! The last landing we had in Ottawa was definitely an 'arrival' as opposed to a landing. But as they say in pilot circles:

'Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. Any landing where you can walk away from AND get to use the plane again is a great landing!'

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Jul 22nd 2018 at 3:25 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Essentially you become a PR at the first Canadian Port of Entry that you arrive at. Therefore if your flight to Calgary involves flying to e.g. Toronto first and then transferring to another flight, you'll become a PR in Toronto and therefore you should leave adequate time of several hours in between connecting flights.
Old Jul 22nd 2018, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Warwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to beholdWarwickbowman is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Essentially you become a PR at the first Canadian Port of Entry that you arrive at. Therefore if your flight to Calgary involves flying to e.g. Toronto first and then transferring to another flight, you'll become a PR in Toronto and therefore you should leave adequate time of several hours in between connecting flights.
I thought so, thanks. We're flying direct to Calgary so we'll activate our PR there.