Social worker

Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Deepheat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social worker

Hi,

I am about to be a social work student here in the UK and once qualified would like to emigrate to Canada. The only problem is I have been looking at social work vacancies in Canada and they are asking for a masters in social work, when I graduate I will only have a BA as the only people who do masters in social work in the country are those who already have degrees in other subjects and then 'top up' their degree with a years course in social work. Will my BA be acceptable to immigration?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Social worker

Your BA alone won't give you anything towards eligibility to apply. You must have at least 12 months of full time, comtinuous work experience as social worker to be eligible under current list. By the time you graduate and gain experience the list may be completely different, and likely there will be no more door open for applicants without arranged employment.

Don't make any long term plans based on todays list and todays immigration laws - all will be different 12 months from now anyway.

Start thinking about BUNAC and other ways to come to Canada and find work here.