Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

So Close & Yet So Far .................

So Close & Yet So Far .................

Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default So Close & Yet So Far .................

Hi All,

We're in Calgary for a week's holiday, more research etc. and have had a lovely week in the snow.

However, I got a phone call from my Dad in the UK this morning to say that we have a brown envelope from CHC waiting for us at home. We fly back to Gatwick this evening. I know my Dad meant well, but I wish that he hadn't told us as my stomach has been in a permanent knot since. We have no idea what's in store for us. It seems somewhat strange after 15 months of waiting, and frustrating as the darn envelope is currently some 6,000 miles out of reach!

I will post again after we get home and let you all know the contents ...............

I think I need one of these to calm my nerves

p.s. Please send us positive vibes that it's our medicals.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Cashew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So Close & Yet So Far .................

Good Luck!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 6:46 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Hi All,

We're in Calgary for a week's holiday, more research etc. and have had a lovely week in the snow.

However, I got a phone call from my Dad in the UK this morning to say that we have a brown envelope from CHC waiting for us at home. We fly back to Gatwick this evening. I know my Dad meant well, but I wish that he hadn't told us as my stomach has been in a permanent knot since. We have no idea what's in store for us. It seems somewhat strange after 15 months of waiting, and frustrating as the darn envelope is currently some 6,000 miles out of reach!

I will post again after we get home and let you all know the contents ...............

I think I need one of these to calm my nerves

p.s. Please send us positive vibes that it's our medicals.
sure mate!! it would be ur medical request
but u know wat - i am wondering why u didnt ask ur father to open it fr u??
I wouldnt have resisted the temptation to get that gone !!!!
anyways, hope u have a nice journey, with ur heart in ur mouth
do keep us posted abt its contents once u reach back (if u are alive obviously...... )
Old Mar 26th 2005, 7:47 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

PEASE let it be your medical requests as maybe it means that things are starting to move again after nearly a month of nobody getting them!!!

Fingers crossed for you (and for us!)

Morw
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Is this Michelle32_1999 from the Yahoo forums?

Best of luck with the envelope, I'm sure you've had no sleep on the flight home.

Patrick.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 5:46 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by amancharan
sure mate!! it would be ur medical request
but u know wat - i am wondering why u didnt ask ur father to open it fr u??
I wouldnt have resisted the temptation to get that gone !!!!
anyways, hope u have a nice journey, with ur heart in ur mouth
do keep us posted abt its contents once u reach back (if u are alive obviously...... )
I was thinking the same thing.

Good luck, my left toe is twitching, that means good news
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Not long been home. We opened the envelope and CHC want more info. about my qualifications, so that's it for now, no medical forms yet. They want me to prove how long my courses were and the entry requirements.

So, when we've had a good night's sleep guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?

Off to get some shut eye now
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:46 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Hi Everyone,

Not long been home. We opened the envelope and CHC want more info. about my qualifications, so that's it for now, no medical forms yet. They want me to prove how long my courses were and the entry requirements.

Sorry, cant trust my tritching toe anymore. :scared:
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Hi Everyone,

Hi

I had the same 3 weeks ago, CHC requesting more info....you better hurry up, they only keep your case open for 90 days, i sent mine back last week.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:52 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Ack well at least you know they looked at your application!

When did you send it in?

I am beginning to think that the date of application is actually more pertinent than your AOR!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Ack well at least you know they looked at your application!

When did you send it in?

I am beginning to think that the date of application is actually more pertinent than your AOR!

We sent in our application on 24 November 2003. We've been writing a letter to them tonight with some copies of the additional documentation they've requested and I will post that Special Delivery tomorrow. In the meantime we need to do some running around to get some more proof of our education.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: So Close & Yet So Far .................

We sent in our application on 24 November 2003. We've been writing a letter to them tonight with some copies of the additional documentation they've requested and I will post that Special Delivery tomorrow. In the meantime we need to do some running around to get some more proof of our education.
Craftybanshee,

At least you have something to do. That must feel good to have a little control over your destiny even if it is only for a little while. From what I hear, as soon as they start on your file things can start to move forward quite quickly. Lets hope that we will be acted on soon.

All the best,

Phil