Is It So ??

Old Mar 17th 2009, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Lubna_Pk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is It So ??

Hi,
I am currently working in bank under designation of branch manager. What i understand from www.cic.gc.ca site is that only professionals of occupations in demand can apply at this time for immigration. When i put keywords of certain occupation in NOC to find out details of occupations in high demand, it is written in the end ""Classified Elsewhere" and some other keywords / occupations are listed there. What does that mean and can one apply under NOC code given under ""classified elsewhere"" heading ?

Let me explain in detail which will easily help u understand my query :

1. Open the site www.cic.gc.ca.
2. Click on How to immigrate to canada as skilled worker under the heading pages.
3. Then click on who can apply in the end .
4. Then click on National Occupational Classification in serial No.2.

Now, when i put Keywords 0111 on left side, results shown shows duties, employment requirements, additional information and classified elsewhere heading and under the classified elsewhere heading, keyword 0122 with occupation Banking, Credit and investment managers is written.

What i need to know is can i apply under this code as this best suits me. Please guide me so that i may apply as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Lubna Shaikh.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: Is It So ??

Originally Posted by Lubna_Pk
Hi,
I am currently working in bank under designation of branch manager. What i understand from www.cic.gc.ca site is that only professionals of occupations in demand can apply at this time for immigration. When i put keywords of certain occupation in NOC to find out details of occupations in high demand, it is written in the end ""Classified Elsewhere" and some other keywords / occupations are listed there. What does that mean and can one apply under NOC code given under ""classified elsewhere"" heading ?

Let me explain in detail which will easily help u understand my query :

1. Open the site www.cic.gc.ca.
2. Click on How to immigrate to canada as skilled worker under the heading pages.
3. Then click on who can apply in the end .
4. Then click on National Occupational Classification in serial No.2.

Now, when i put Keywords 0111 on left side, results shown shows duties, employment requirements, additional information and classified elsewhere heading and under the classified elsewhere heading, keyword 0122 with occupation Banking, Credit and investment managers is written.

What i need to know is can i apply under this code as this best suits me. Please guide me so that i may apply as early as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Lubna Shaikh.
Hi Lubna,

You are right that the rules for applying for permanent residence in Canada did change recently. Broadly, if you do not have a job offer in Canada, then you can only apply as a Federal Skilled Worker if you have at least 1 years experience in an Occupation included in a specific list (the List). You also need to score at least 67 points, which are awarded based on language ability, education and work experience etc.

As you know, NOC Code 0111 is on the List, but NOC Code 0122 is not. This means that, given you are in finance, you must have at least 1 year of experience doing most or all of the main duties listed under Code 0111 (or 1111, which is also on the List). If you have this, you can score additional points for years spent performing the duties under 0122, but you MUST have that 1 year doing the duties under 0111. The fact that 0111 refers to 0122 at the bottom of the page is not enough.

I'm really sorry if that is bad news. I would spend a long time looking at the duties under NOC Code 0111 and see if this fits your experience.

Good luck.

Last edited by MarkSurrey; Mar 17th 2009 at 1:21 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Mark is exactly right, and as per your last thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...55#post7195955, it doesn't appear that you'll qualify under 0111. The answer hasn't changed I'm afraid!! You need to meet the criteria for 0111, not 0122 as that is not on 'the list'.

So you wouldn't be eligible as a Skilled Worker unless you can get a job offer.

Old Mar 17th 2009, 4:49 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Worth adding that the framework for each job type is not static. That is, you can "borrow" from other codes, if you have performed those duties, in order to get the required nod of approval.

So one could have partial elements from different codes- which is probably more reflective of real life duties.