Wikiposts

Skilled Trade visa

Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:43 am
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Trade visa

Hi does anyone know or themselves applied under the new trade category and if so what stage are you at ? (the category where you need to have passed the red seal or got 2 job offers ) Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Trade visa

I've amended your thread title so that people know which immigration program you're talking about. If you are asking questions about anything to do with visas then it belongs in the immi section if the forum - hence why it was moved.

And just to clarify for anybody reading, it's only one job offer that is required for the FST program, not two.

Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:01 am
Gained PR July 2014

Thanks its not the FSW programme its the newly introduced trade category and it is 2 offers I know it inside out believe me I have live and breathed it every day. This new category is relatively unknown but was launched on 3rd Jan
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindamchugh
Thanks its not the FSW programme its the newly introduced trade category and it is 2 offers I know it inside out believe me I have live and breathed it every day. This new category is relatively unknown but was launched on 3rd Jan
I know it's not the FSW category, I never said it was - I called it the FST, as it's the Federal Skilled Trade program.

The eligibility criteria clearly says 'an' offer - "have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body."

And the Operating Manual makes no mention of two job offers being required, unless they are both part-time - they must equal at least 30 hours a week between them. But if one job is over 30 hours a week on it's own, then a second job offer isn't needed.

But you obviously understand differently, so can you please provide a link to where it says two job offers are needed?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:30 am
Gained PR July 2014

sure will do when I am home
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

sure will do when I am home
OK, thx. I've just re-read my Operating Manual for the FST program, and I still can't see any mention of two job offers being needed (it does say 'up to' 2 job offers, but that's for two part-time job offers to make it up to the full-time required i.e. minimum of 30 hrs per week).

So if you can clarify where you've read it's a minimum of two job offers needed, that would be great.

Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:06 am
Gained PR July 2014

Requirement 4 - Offer of employment OR certificate of qualification in a skilled trade occupation

You must have either a qualifying offer of employment (see below) OR a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory in the skilled trade occupation you specify in your application.

You must either:

hold a certificate of qualification issued by a competent Canadian provincial/territorial authority in the skilled trade occupation you specified in your application;
OR
have an offer of employment from up to two employers for continuous, full-time work in Canada for a total period of at least one year in the skilled trade occupation you specified in your application.

Hi I can't see anywhere where it says about the part time thing you are referring to? Not matter anyway as my husband has the red seal I am just looking to chat with other people who have applied under this category and to find out where they are in the process thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:11 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Requirement 4 - Offer of employment OR certificate of qualification in a skilled trade occupation

You must have either a qualifying offer of employment (see below) OR a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory in the skilled trade occupation you specify in your application.

You must either:

hold a certificate of qualification issued by a competent Canadian provincial/territorial authority in the skilled trade occupation you specified in your application;
OR
have an offer of employment from up to two employers for continuous, full-time work in Canada for a total period of at least one year in the skilled trade occupation you specified in your application.

Hi I can't see anywhere where it says about the part time thing you are referring to? Not matter anyway as my husband has the red seal I am just looking to chat with other people who have applied under this category and to find out where they are in the process thanks
from up to 2 employers
so one would be sufficien then.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

OR
Yes, 'up to' two job offers, not a minimum of.

Hi I can't see anywhere where it says about the part time thing you are referring to?
"Up to two employers can commit to employing you for at least one year of continuous full-time work, meaning at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week"

Not matter anyway as my husband has the red seal I am just looking to chat with other people who have applied under this category and to find out where they are in the process thanks
Well, it does matter because if your assertion that two job offers are needed is wrong, that's incorrect info that others may read and take as gospel! I may well be wrong, but I'd just like to get to the bottom of it for the sake of anybody else reading.

As you say you've lived and breathed the FST program, you've read the Operating Manual? That's obviously the critical document when it comes to eligibility criteria, as it's what the immigration officer will be using. I can't see anything in there about two job offers being required, which section is it in?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:21 am
Gained PR July 2014

I think the wording is a bit ambigious however I feel your manner and tone is very argumentitive so I will withdraw gracefully from this debate and leave you to prove yourself right which you seem more passionate about rather than working as a team with like minded people. Over and out � ����
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I think the wording is a bit ambigious however I feel your manner and tone is very argumentitive so I will withdraw gracefully from this debate and leave you to prove yourself right which you seem more passionate about rather than working as a team with like minded people. Over and out ������
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm simply trying to help others that may read your thread in the future, which I'd call 'working as a team with like minded people' (as I've helped you out on numerous of your previous threads & queries, I'm surprised you think I'm just out to 'prove myself right' tbh!).

Having worked in Canadian immigration for several years, I'm perhaps more pedantic than others about the exact wording of things, hence searching the Operating Manual and trying to clarify the program requirements.

But all I was asking you to do was to point to where you'd read it was two job offers that was needed, I've been perfectly polite so I'm not sure why you think I'm being argumentative!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:30 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Up to 2 is not ambiguous
it means up to two

1 or 2

not 3 or more