SINP

Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Phil_Jude will become famous soon enough
Default SINP

Hi All,

Just wondering if you could help me with a few queries:

I have been offered a job in Regina, SK as a Veterinary Technician. The company I am going to work for have been approved for the SINP programme. I am in the process of completing my application.

How long does it take for the process to be completed? The company nominee letter lasts for 6 months. Will it take longer than this time period?

If I am approved for the SINP can I travel and get a TWP at the POE (point of entry) or do I have to wait for my PR to be processed? The company want me out there as soon as possible.

We are coming over 1st March to have a look around and check out accommodation, etc. Is there a Immigration Office in the Federal Building in Regina that we can speak to someone about the process?

Sorry this is a bit long winded but itching to get moving and start a new life!

Many thanks
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SINP

As long as you have been nominated by SINP and have the nomination letter you can apply for a work permit at a POE and pay the $155.

Read this link about being nominated as opposed to being provincially selected.

International Mobility Program: Canada–provincial or territorial agreements [R204(c)] (exemption code T13)

The 6 months is usually to have the work permit activated. You then apply for PR through CIC.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Phil_Jude will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SINP

Thanks a million Former Lancastrian for your very useful information. Will have a good read through this link.

Can't wait to get everything in motion and get over there!