Singapore Tracker

Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Chendol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore Tracker

Hi Hankim,

I'm a Singaporean. Submitted my application (Entrepreneur Route) to CHC Singapore in August 2004. AOR in August 2004. Heard nothing so far. Got my CAIPS notes recently and the BF date is June 2005. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Chendol

Originally Posted by hankim2
Hi Netra, Mandira and Justleeman,

It would be helpful if you could state your nationality(s) and country of residence for application (there could be different queues for different nationalities and countries of residence.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:31 am
Just Joined

mandira555 is an unknown quantity at this point

In response to Hankim2,

Nationality. Bangladesh
Country of Residence. Japan

Looking forward for others' response.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

netranasik is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just lee

Your post is very useful because it provides dates and number os people in the queue.

Although the information is disappointing, it helps us understand the reality of the situation, and readjust our plans.

I don;t know much about this, but I suppose we can't do much about this. The implicit and explicit contracts we enter into with CIC mean that this is a "Take it, or Leave it" situation. Or perhaps, I am worng? Hankim and others amy wish to correct me..

Netra

Originally Posted by justleeman
I applied to Singapore in Dec 2003, got AOR in Jan 2004. Until now I heard nothing from them.

I braved myself and came to the Singapore CHC Visa Post and enquired the lady. She told me that there are 3800 applicants in the queue and that they're still assessing January 2002 applicants.

My BF'D date was Nov 2004 but somehow it was "moved forward" again to Nov 2005.

We paid so much money to the Canadian Immigration only to get this kind of treatment. I think it's time for us to make a group, and consult to a reputable lawyer asking what's our best expectation and if there's any action we can take.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chendol
Hi Hankim,

I'm a Singaporean. Submitted my application (Entrepreneur Route) to CHC Singapore in August 2004. AOR in August 2004. Heard nothing so far. Got my CAIPS notes recently and the BF date is June 2005. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Chendol
Hi Chendol

I am from singapore as well, and also applying eneterpreneure route (not yet filed), I understand CHC web saying processing time 16 months if no inverview required, i think you would get something soon.

One more thing last year only CHC KL has taken over applicant from Malaysia. I hope this would have reduce CHC Singapore's work load considerably thus improve processing time as well.

Just hope for best.

Cheers.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

In response to Hankim:

My nationality is Indian

I am a Singapore resident for the last 8 years.

I have applied in the Skilled Worker category, which is quite slow compared to Entrp. category.

Although the CIC Singapore website states 16-36 months for a decision, many of us have already crossed 24 -28 months without IA. So 36 months for a decision is a very remote possibility.

According to Just Lee, they are processing applications in 2002 now. So a realistic timeline for a final visa for Skilled category in Singapore would be 36-48 months? Entp category would of course be faster.

Azam and Chendol

Yes, let us hope for the best.

Sincerely

Netra

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
Hi Chendol

I am from singapore as well, and also applying eneterpreneure route (not yet filed), I understand CHC web saying processing time 16 months if no inverview required, i think you would get something soon.

One more thing last year only CHC KL has taken over applicant from Malaysia. I hope this would have reduce CHC Singapore's work load considerably thus improve processing time as well.

Just hope for best.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by hankim2
Could someone help to do a Singapore tracker?

Although Singapore applicants somehow are not very active here. Hard to imagine that we only have a handful of posters from Singapore.

Trying my luck again with same question... any IAs received from Singapore last couple of months? Would be great to know how far behind Singapore CHC is compared to Buffalo.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

yogi123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I am an Indian. My AOR is November 2003. Later submitted IELTS in Feb 04.
Till now not heard anything. Changed my address 4 months back, still not
updated in eCAS. Dont know how long to wait for IA. Hoping to hear this
year at least.

cheers
yogi
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Default Singapore Tracker: Consolidated

Here is an attempt to consolidate all information of the Singapore applicants. See attached file.

Please update your information in the attached file so that we can keep each other informed.

Regards

Netra
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Singapore Tracker.doc (38.5 KB, 104 views)
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

justleeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Singapore Tracker: Consolidated

Hey Netra and all others,

When you first apply for the PR, your BF'd date is set, however that's not the date of Initial Assesment. Apparently in my case, having waited for 1 year, they moved the BF'd date again for another year - to Nov 2005 - and it was coded as "PS" (Pre-Screen/Initial Assesment). Before that it was just the Officer's initial. So really my IA will be in Nov 2005 - I hope. I said "I hope" because I really don't know the outcome. It is very unpredictable.

I made a mistake in applying to Singapore office. I should've applied to Buffalo office since the beginning, since I have lived in Canada for 4 years anyway. My friend who applied to Buffalo (she's from Africa) around the same time already got her PR in May 2004.

I asked the CHC officer if I could ask for a file transfer to Buffalo. Her reply was that I could - but it takes 4 months to get it sent to Buffalo. Regardless, my case will be picked up from the Dec 2003 stage in Buffalo.

Now I don't know if I should just wait until Nov 2005 or ask for a transfer to Buffalo.

I was thinking that maybe in a few months if things don't get moving let's all come together to the CHC office in Singapore. If the CHC don't wanna do anything about it, maybe we should contact a reputable lawyer (did you guys remember who sued Canadian Immigration back in 2003??) and if we have enough people maybe we can have a consultation regarding a possible class action suit against CHC Singapore. This would be our last resort, however. I hate dealing with lawyers and we don't want to sue people for no reason.

But you know CHC Singapore are really walking all over us. We've been patient enough. I mean, we do pay a lot of money to them and they ignore us: no update, no communication - this is really bad business. If things don't start to get moving from here then might as well do this to get their response.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Singapore Tracker: Consolidated

Also ... notice that the previous estimated timeline provided in Singapore CHC website (16 months w/o interview, 36 months w/ interview) have been deleted.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/singapo..._employ-en.asp

Notice the discrepancy:

In view of our workload, we will not respond status requests until the processing time periods listed above have been exceeded . Please send a signed letter or fax including your file number, name and date of birth. We do not respond to phone inquiries. Allow four weeks, plus mailing time, for a response.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:41 am
Just Joined

inservice2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, that's right (about BFD).

Even mine was moved ahead by one year.

And still no IA.

Hey Netra and all others,

When you first apply for the PR, your BF'd date is set, however that's not the date of Initial Assesment. Apparently in my case, having waited for 1 year, they moved the BF'd date again for another year - to Nov 2005 - and it was coded as "PS" (Pre-Screen/Initial Assesment). Before that it was just the Officer's initial. So really my IA will be in Nov 2005 - I hope. I said "I hope" because I really don't know the outcome. It is very unpredictable.

I made a mistake in applying to Singapore office. I should've applied to Buffalo office since the beginning, since I have lived in Canada for 4 years anyway. My friend who applied to Buffalo (she's from Africa) around the same time already got her PR in May 2004.

I asked the CHC officer if I could ask for a file transfer to Buffalo. Her reply was that I could - but it takes 4 months to get it sent to Buffalo. Regardless, my case will be picked up from the Dec 2003 stage in Buffalo.

Now I don't know if I should just wait until Nov 2005 or ask for a transfer to Buffalo.

I was thinking that maybe in a few months if things don't get moving let's all come together to the CHC office in Singapore. If the CHC don't wanna do anything about it, maybe we should contact a reputable lawyer (did you guys remember who sued Canadian Immigration back in 2003??) and if we have enough people maybe we can have a consultation regarding a possible class action suit against CHC Singapore. This would be our last resort, however. I hate dealing with lawyers and we don't want to sue people for no reason.

But you know CHC Singapore are really walking all over us. We've been patient enough. I mean, we do pay a lot of money to them and they ignore us: no update, no communication - this is really bad business. If things don't start to get moving from here then might as well do this to get their response.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:11 am
Just Joined

When's your AOR and BFD?

Originally Posted by inservice2000
Yes, that's right (about BFD).

Even mine was moved ahead by one year.

And still no IA.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 4:28 am
Just Joined

inservice2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just Lee

June 2003 AOR

BFD was May 2004

But was moved to May2005

What about yours? I was wondering if anybody with June 2003 AOR has got their IA?

When's your AOR and BFD?
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

afzalulh will become famous soon enoughafzalulh will become famous soon enough

I am a Bangladeshi.

My timeline :

Applied on February, 2004
Recieved AOR on 3rd March, 2004
Informed CHC Singapore about new born baby on March 12,2005
Paper requested for new born baby on 5th April, 2005

Collecting papers for the new born baby.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Singapore Tracker-Updated

Thanks for the information. I have updated it at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/netranasik/...oretracker.doc

Netra :

Originally Posted by afzalulh
I am a Bangladeshi.

My timeline :

Applied on February, 2004
Recieved AOR on 3rd March, 2004
Informed CHC Singapore about new born baby on March 12,2005
Paper requested for new born baby on 5th April, 2005

Collecting papers for the new born baby.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:10 am
Just Joined

mandira555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore Tracker-Updated

Hi Netra,

Please update my information to your web link.

Applied Jan, 03
Aor Jan, 03

Good Job. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.