Simplified Application Process

Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:18 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Simplified Application Process

Hi All,

My brother wants to apply for immigration through simplified application process. I am wondering if someone can clarify me the following:

1) Do he needs to appear in IETLS first or he can send the results afterwards when visa office asks him to do so.
2) What about other documents like Police clearance etc, I mean should he submit these with the application or not?
3) What's the difference between normal application and Simplified application process.

Thanks in advance

j
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:50 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Default Re: Simplified Application Process

Hello Johnson...

answer to questions:

1) No, he doesn't need to take the test just yet... he must wait for CIC instructions.

2) No, you do not need to send them either... wait for them to ask you for them ... but it is a good idea to start looking into how to get them...

3) In the past, the main difference is that with the simplified process you are able to just send the application to secure a place in the queue ... but now after the new regulations regarding SW applications I am not sure if this will have any use as technically the first-come first-served type of processing is out the window ...

With the regular application you need to send all documents required along with your application forms at the moment you apply...

It is a good idea to visit the CIC webpage to read more about the two ways to apply... www.cic.gc.ca

Also... some experts on this and other forums are advicing new applicant to wait and not to send their applications just yet as there are new regulations and rules being discussed by the Canadian authorities regarding immigration that might affect you... read previous posts on this subject...

Good luck...
Old Jul 15th 2008, 2:37 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yalily
Hello Johnson...

answer to questions:

1) No, he doesn't need to take the test just yet... he must wait for CIC instructions.

2) No, you do not need to send them either... wait for them to ask you for them ... but it is a good idea to start looking into how to get them...

3) In the past, the main difference is that with the simplified process you are able to just send the application to secure a place in the queue ... but now after the new regulations regarding SW applications I am not sure if this will have any use as technically the first-come first-served type of processing is out the window ...

With the regular application you need to send all documents required along with your application forms at the moment you apply...

It is a good idea to visit the CIC webpage to read more about the two ways to apply... www.cic.gc.ca

Also... some experts on this and other forums are advicing new applicant to wait and not to send their applications just yet as there are new regulations and rules being discussed by the Canadian authorities regarding immigration that might affect you... read previous posts on this subject...

Good luck...
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Do you have any idea when new regulations will be in place?

Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:56 pm
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Hi Johnson... well the new regulations already passed (Feb 27, 2008) but they are trying to figure out the best way to implement them... here a link to a newspaper article regarding this topic...

http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-imm...essageid=24344

Here is another link where members of another forum discuss new applications

http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-imm...essageid=24392

Hey, bear in mind... I am just another person using this forum in search of information... and it is always up to you to decide what's best for you...

Good Luck!