Simple question.. sending forms..

Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice
Default Simple question.. sending forms..

Hi all,

Just to double check if this is correct?

If sending your application from UK by regular mail, the address in Canada is :

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
PO BOX 7500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0A9
Canada

If sending by a courier i.e. Fedex, the address is :

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
196 George Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada

Cheers

Al
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Mcube is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simple question.. sending forms..

Yes... That's right...
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mcube
Yes... That's right...

Hey thanks,

We are sending by fedex.

So does it matter that the layout (on the fedex envelope) may not be the same as sending with your own envelope??

Plus, am I right in saying there is NO requirement to put the NOC code you are applying under on the envelope???

Please help!!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Fedex is a good option as you would be able to track the status of package at each stations....

It doesn't matter if the layout is not the same but put all the details on the fedex AWB...and they should have shipments to CIC everyday so you wont have to worry much......they should be familiar with the locations...

And you don't have to mention the NOC as per the new instruction guide... Just one address for senting doucmentsthrough courier....

Best of luck
Old Aug 5th 2011, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Why do I keep reading about people sending documents to London, or timeliness for London processing? Or is it just the Sydney, Canada address is for fsw applications?
Old Aug 5th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

HI
You used to have to send an initial app to CIC and then the Full package to London when requested to do so but this has now changed and EVERYTHING now goes straight to CIC in Nova Scotia and is then sent on to London when it has been checked. Just follow the new instructions on the CIC website and you'll be fine.
HTH
Linz
Old Aug 5th 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Why do I keep reading about people sending documents to London, or timeliness for London processing? Or is it just the Sydney, Canada address is for fsw applications?
FSW Applications are sent to Sydney,NS CANADA... and from there if the application gets through the eligibility review...then application is sent to the respective visa office allocated for the country your applying from...and in case your visa office is London if your from UK then all the requested doc such as medical PCC are sent to them....

That's how I understand it....please correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks

Cheers..
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:31 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mcube
FSW Applications are sent to Sydney,NS CANADA... and from there if the application gets through the eligibility review...then application is sent to the respective visa office allocated for the country your applying from...and in case your visa office is London if your from UK then all the requested doc such as medical PCC are sent to them....

That's how I understand it....please correct me if I am wrong...

Thanks

Cheers..
No, you are correct - now ALL documentation to Sydney NS at the start.
They issue a positive eligibility review by e-mail when they are happy and send all your documents on to your local VO, which in our case is London.
Worth saying (because it is asked a lot!) is that you do not have to duplicate any document. If it is on the list for CIO Sydney and also on the Visa Office checklist, then you only need to include it once; CIO will then forward it with the other VO documents when they send it on for processing.
If you are currently in Canada, you can choose to use Buffalo instead, I believe, but they are being terribly slow as well, so there is no benefit in doing so time-wise.
The VO then process the application and send out the medical requests and do the background checks and that is where you eventually get the Visa stuck in your passport.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 4:46 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by helcat12
No, you are correct - now ALL documentation to Sydney NS at the start.
They issue a positive eligibility review by e-mail when they are happy and send all your documents on to your local VO, which in our case is London.
Worth saying (because it is asked a lot!) is that you do not have to duplicate any document. If it is on the list for CIO Sydney and also on the Visa Office checklist, then you only need to include it once; CIO will then forward it with the other VO documents when they send it on for processing.
If you are currently in Canada, you can choose to use Buffalo instead, I believe, but they are being terribly slow as well, so there is no benefit in doing so time-wise.
The VO then process the application and send out the medical requests and do the background checks and that is where you eventually get the Visa stuck in your passport.
Note you can only use Buffalo, if you were ADMITTED to Canada for 1 year.