British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Silly mistake (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/silly-mistake-710943/)

27mich71 Mar 26th 2011 4:18 pm

Silly mistake

Hi

We had our PPR in Feb, sent everything off, then got a letter back with our cheque saying we had sent too much and needed to resend a new cheque. What i had done was paid for our two children for PR totally forgetting it was only my husband and i that had to pay. Sent the new cheque back on the
16th March and now sitting stressed waiting for our visa's. This has really put us back a couple of weeks. What a really silly mistake. Has anyone done this before (prob not)!! If so how long did you wait for the visa's to turn up?
Wondered if it was worth getting in touch with London to see if they have recieved the new cheque (sent it recorded delivery). Which would be the best way of contacting them?

Thanks

Michelle

JB0591 Mar 26th 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Silly mistake

I would wait a little more, give them a month.

I would then send in a case specific query email stating you sent in a revised cheque on 16th March etc and ask is there anything else they need from you.

Please note that was ask them what you need to do rather than asking why they have not done anything. That was the advice we got by customs officer at a emmigration show.

flat to the mat Mar 28th 2011 12:59 am

Have to say that my wife did the very same thing,sent too much for the kids and the whole lot got sent back.I was away trucking at the time and less than amused,but it only cost us another few weeks in total.
Well worth the extra wait.:D

27mich71 Mar 29th 2011 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9268410)
Have to say that my wife did the very same thing,sent too much for the kids and the whole lot got sent back.I was away trucking at the time and less than amused,but it only cost us another few weeks in total.

Hi flat to the mat

Thanks so much for you post, it has made me feel much better. Did you have to contact them or did they just get sent out?
Thanks again
Michelle:thumbup:

27mich71 Apr 13th 2011 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 9268410)

Hi Flat to the Mat

It's been 4 weekss now since we sent our second cheque off, how long did you wait?
Sorry to bother you, i'n just stressing about it now!

Michelle