Silly mistake

Old Mar 26th 2011, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future
Default Silly mistake

Hi

We had our PPR in Feb, sent everything off, then got a letter back with our cheque saying we had sent too much and needed to resend a new cheque. What i had done was paid for our two children for PR totally forgetting it was only my husband and i that had to pay. Sent the new cheque back on the
16th March and now sitting stressed waiting for our visa's. This has really put us back a couple of weeks. What a really silly mistake. Has anyone done this before (prob not)!! If so how long did you wait for the visa's to turn up?
Wondered if it was worth getting in touch with London to see if they have recieved the new cheque (sent it recorded delivery). Which would be the best way of contacting them?

Thanks

Michelle
Old Mar 26th 2011, 11:03 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Silly mistake

I would wait a little more, give them a month.

I would then send in a case specific query email stating you sent in a revised cheque on 16th March etc and ask is there anything else they need from you.

Please note that was ask them what you need to do rather than asking why they have not done anything. That was the advice we got by customs officer at a emmigration show.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say that my wife did the very same thing,sent too much for the kids and the whole lot got sent back.I was away trucking at the time and less than amused,but it only cost us another few weeks in total.
Well worth the extra wait.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Have to say that my wife did the very same thing,sent too much for the kids and the whole lot got sent back.I was away trucking at the time and less than amused,but it only cost us another few weeks in total.
Hi flat to the mat

Thanks so much for you post, it has made me feel much better. Did you have to contact them or did they just get sent out?
Thanks again
Michelle
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Hi Flat to the Mat

It's been 4 weekss now since we sent our second cheque off, how long did you wait?
Sorry to bother you, i'n just stressing about it now!

Michelle