Wikiposts

Signed by the bearer

Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough
Default Signed by the bearer

As per the website "Each passport must contain at least three (3) blank pages for visas and must be signed by the bearer"

Question: My son is just few months old he can not sign his passport. Does mother's sign on his passport works in this case?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Signed by the bearer

Originally Posted by rahul_singh23
As per the website "Each passport must contain at least three (3) blank pages for visas and must be signed by the bearer"

Question: My son is just few months old he can not sign his passport. Does mother's sign on his passport works in this case?
My son's Canadian passport is unsigned. He is not old enough to hold a crayon never mind write his name! He is not expected to sign until he is 11yrs old I think it said in the instructions. We were told parents must not sign the box. Check the rules for your issuing country.

Hth

Biiiiink
Old Dec 31st 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

Passport was issued be USA and they told me mother or father can sign and put in bracket (mother/father). But I am wondering who will sign/ not sign in case when we are going for canadian immigration visa stamping

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
My son's Canadian passport is unsigned. He is not old enough to hold a crayon never mind write his name! He is not expected to sign until he is 11yrs old I think it said in the instructions. We were told parents must not sign the box. Check the rules for your issuing country.

Hth

Biiiiink
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Menino is an unknown quantity at this point

US passports are not considered valid unless signed by the bearer. This includes children's passports. I work at the airport in the US and when there is an unsigned child's passport we have to ask the parent to sign the passport and write (mother) or (father) after the signature.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

You are right. my wife signed the passport of our son and write (mother) after signature.
Do she can sign on 3 pages as bearer and write (mother) for getting Canada immigration visa as per the requirment of embassy?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Menino
US passports are not considered valid unless signed by the bearer. This includes children's passports. I work at the airport in the US and when there is an unsigned child's passport we have to ask the parent to sign the passport and write (mother) or (father) after the signature.