PR Card Application Recipt

Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Raska will become famous soon enoughRaska will become famous soon enough
Default PR Card Application Recipt

Hi folks,

I know that after landing in Vancouver (As a new immigrant), in the airport,the PR Card will be automatically applied, but my question are;

1- do they give me a receipt for the PR Card or not?
I mean is there any paper or something like a receipt in my hand showing that I have already applied for a PR Card till the issuance of PR Card?

2- If yes, is my postal address (that I provide them with, at the time of landing) written on this paper/receipt or not?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Raska; Jan 1st 2005 at 7:42 pm.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

eyey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Card Application Recipt

Hi,

This is based on my experience. The answers as follow:
1. Nope, there will be no receipt.
2. The immigration officer will write down your address (in Canada, where they will send the PR card/s) on the PA's Confirmation of Permanent Residence paper/ Landing paper.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Raska
Hi folks,

I know that after landing in Vancouver (As a new immigrant), in the airport,the PR Card will be automatically applied, but my question are;

1- do they give me a receipt for the PR Card or not?
I mean is there any paper or something like a receipt in my hand showing that I have already applied for a PR Card till the issuance of PR Card?

2- If yes, is my postal address (that I provide them with, at the time of landing) written on this paper/receipt or not?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

what if you dont have any postal address or you dont want to give any? In that case would you be allowed to show up at some Immigration office in person and pickup your PR Card ?
Old Jan 1st 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Check this link, PR-Card Process

New Immigrants
Newly arriving permanent residents automatically receive a PR card as part of the immigration process.

If you are a new permanent resident who did not provide a mailing address to the Canada Border Services Agency at the point of entry, please do so as soon as possible.

You may provide this information on-line, or you may contact the PR Card Call Centre. Please note that if we do not receive your address within 180 days of your entry into Canada, you will need to re-apply for your PR card and pay the applicable fee.

If you do not receive your PR card within 30 days of submitting your address, please contact the PR Card Call Centre.

Originally Posted by orazone
what if you dont have any postal address or you dont want to give any? In that case would you be allowed to show up at some Immigration office in person and pickup your PR Card ?
Old Jan 1st 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eyey
Hi,

This is based on my experience. The answers as follow:
1. Nope, there will be no receipt.
2. The immigration officer will write down your address (in Canada, where they will send the PR card/s) on the PA's Confirmation of Permanent Residence paper/ Landing paper.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply, but i was wondering what if somewhere i was asked to show my PR Card before it's issuance? What proof do I have?

Since i am going to apply for another country's visa soon after landing and leave Canada, I can't wait till issuance of my PR Card. That specific embassy in Canada is insisting on observing my PR Card or a receipt of that (as a proof of my status in Canada) before issuing any visa for me! and they don't accept my COPR as a proof of status! then how can i provide them with this receipt? Actually, how should one prove that he/she has already applied for a PR Card?
Old Jan 1st 2005, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hope the links below can help answering your questions, PR Card.
And check here also:
Important Information for Urgent Cases
or
Settlement.org

Thanks for your reply, but i was wondering what if somewhere i was asked to show my PR Card before it's issuance? What proof do I have?

Since i am going to apply for another country's visa soon after landing and leave Canada, I can't wait till issuance of my PR Card. That specific embassy in Canada is insisting on observing my PR Card or a receipt of that (as a proof of my status in Canada) before issuing any visa for me! and they don't accept my COPR as a proof of status! then how can i provide them with this receipt? Actually, how should one prove that he/she has already applied for a PR Card?
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eyey
Hope the links below can help answering your questions, PR Card.
And check here also:
Important Information for Urgent Cases
or
Settlement.org

Thanks EYEY, I had already checked them before but my problem still remains unsolved.Well asking for an urgent PR Card issuance as in one of those links indicates could be a way, but not reliable and not sure and since I wont have enough time to take that chance, I would like to go through another way if possible.

I was wondering if i could ask the immigration officers at the port of entry to issue me such a receipt. Do you think such a thing is possible? Doesn't that make any problem for me?

Any idea is appreciated in advance.
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks EYEY, I had already checked them before but my problem still remains unsolved.Well asking for an urgent PR Card issuance as in one of those links indicates could be a way, but not reliable and not sure and since I wont have enough time to take that chance, I would like to go through another way if possible.

I was wondering if i could ask the immigration officers at the port of entry to issue me such a receipt. Do you think such a thing is possible? Doesn't that make any problem for me?

Any idea is appreciated in advance.
Nope,there are no receipts, it looks like your going to have to wait the 4 weeks or so for your card.

PMM
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Nope,there are no receipts, it looks like your going to have to wait the 4 weeks or so for your card.

PMM
What a bad news! :scared:

Thank you PMM for your reply