Should we hear soon?

Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should we hear soon?

We applied for SW about 3 years ago but got tired of the long wait. We came to Nova Scotia last August on a WP (I am a registered nurse).

When we were still in the UK we completed the additional forms for the full application and got police checks done. After I started to work (September), we sent off our work permits and evidence of permanent job offer hoping to get our application fast tracked.

I am a bit confused now with all the changes as to what exactly is happening with our application as people on here seem to be hearing much faster than we have.

We have a consultant working for us (who we hired before we found BE and when we knew no better), who tells us just to be patient but has not given us any further information. To be honest, they haven't been much use from the start and I have found much more reliable info on here.

Can anyone give me an idea of what will happen next and when? I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks, Lynn
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:16 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we hear soon?

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
We applied for SW about 3 years ago but got tired of the long wait. We came to Nova Scotia last August on a WP (I am a registered nurse).

When we were still in the UK we completed the additional forms for the full application and got police checks done. After I started to work (September), we sent off our work permits and evidence of permanent job offer hoping to get our application fast tracked.

I am a bit confused now with all the changes as to what exactly is happening with our application as people on here seem to be hearing much faster than we have.

We have a consultant working for us (who we hired before we found BE and when we knew no better), who tells us just to be patient but has not given us any further information. To be honest, they haven't been much use from the start and I have found much more reliable info on here.

Can anyone give me an idea of what will happen next and when? I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks, Lynn
Have you tried sending CIC London a case specific e-mail through their website? Explain your situation, tell em your worried the paperwork got lost or something, and they should respond.

Might be worth a try?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Have you tried sending CIC London a case specific e-mail through their website? Explain your situation, tell em your worried the paperwork got lost or something, and they should respond.

Might be worth a try?
I emailed my consultant earlier today and asked them to do that very thing. Having said that when I had the long delay on my WP (which never got explained) the response rate on enquiries was not exactly good.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:25 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed my consultant earlier today and asked them to do that very thing. Having said that when I had the long delay on my WP (which never got explained) the response rate on enquiries was not exactly good.
Can you do it yourself as well though? I don't really know how it works when you use a representative. Do CIC only deal with them - ie if you contact CIC they won't speak with you?
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can you do it yourself as well though? I don't really know how it works when you use a representative. Do CIC only deal with them - ie if you contact CIC they won't speak with you?
Yes...either they or us can contact them, but I think that they get a bit irritated when they get too many contacts so I thought I would leave it to them
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:47 pm

Yes...either they or us can contact them, but I think that they get a bit irritated when they get too many contacts so I thought I would leave it to them
LOL I had a question for them a couple of weeks ago...I sent them 5 e-mails (one a day) and they responded to them all a week later...one a day back! All my e-mails said the same thing and all their replies said the same thing!! They won't give me PR now for being so annoying!!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Has anyone who has gone through this recently got any info/advice as to how long it has taken. I would really like to know if we are overdue hearing or if we should expect to have to wait a while yet.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Lynn, Have you looked here on trackitt yet? You haven't said when you AOR is.......Hope all is well. Robin
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Robin.

I looked at that but as our AOR date and when we sent in our WP, police checks etc are so far apart I wasn't sure how it applied to us.

I had been told we would get med requests a few months after sending in the additional info regardless of the AOR date.

Is that correct?

There are some on that site with AOR late 2008 who ahve had meds and others early 2007 who haven't. I assume that the WP/job offer makes the difference.

Last edited by destinationnovascotia; Feb 26th 2009 at 12:06 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn I would definitely contact CHC by email yourself to see what has happened to your application. Apparently they take about 5 days to respond but that could be flexible!

My faith in consultants has yet to be restored........

I was under the impression that a TWP would not speed up the SW application but looking at the trackitt it seems that most people have heard by now it it is 3 years ago that you applied.

Did you apply before Sept 06 with a full application or with the new simplified application form?

Good luck and let me know how you get on..

Robin
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

We applied early 07 with a simplified application and we sentthe additional info last year when I started working over here.

I have been following your saga with Andrew. I hope that you get things sorted out soon. I am sending you a PM.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

We applied early 07 with a simplified application and we sentthe additional info last year when I started working over here.

I have been following your saga with Andrew. I hope that you get things sorted out soon. I am sending you a PM.
Based on this info and the trackitt site......then you could be getting your 90 day letter anytime from the 2 year period from AOR onwards. The additional info of the TWP won't necessarily change the processing time that you were originally given......but it will give you more points!

I would say don't get worried yet...initially you mentioned that it was about 3 years ago whereas in fact it's only 2 years since the original application.......and this 2 year mark is about when some of the other applicants are beginning to get their 90 day letters, despite the AOR letter stating 42-48 months!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:14 pm

Have you checked the site to see whether they have at least updated your home address? I contacted them to change my address twice and they never updated it - it was only on my third attempt that they changed it.

At least you would know they had received your paperwork if your address is changed?
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you checked the site to see whether they have at least updated your home address? I contacted them to change my address twice and they never updated it - it was only on my third attempt that they changed it.

At least you would know they had received your paperwork if your address is changed?
.......so how does one check on the site for personal info like that?
Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
.......so how does one check on the site for personal info like that?
Thanks
If you have your file number, you can check to see how your file is progressing (it usually just says processing) and what the address they have for you is.

Click on here...https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/aut...te.do?app=ecas

Country of Birth should be entered as England.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.