Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Should spouse take medical before or after her PR visa application is submitted?

Should spouse take medical before or after her PR visa application is submitted?

Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should spouse take medical before or after her PR visa application is submitted?

OK, I am confused, and I'm looking for a clear answer please. We are in the process (still!) of completing a spousal PR visa application for my wife (I am a Canadian citizen by birth). On the one hand, I understand that normally the visa application is to be submitted, then Immigration will send a request for her medical. However, on the other hand, the DMP here has advised that only in the case of an outland spousal PR visa application (which I think we are doing) can the medical be done first! I am just trying to do this as simply and quickly as possible (one submission hopefully) so can she do the medical first and submit the results with the PR visa appliocation, or not? Many thanks in advance
Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should spouse take medical before or after her PR visa application is submitted?

A quick read of CIC website (or the guidance notes) would give you the answer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-how.asp

There are some extra steps to follow if the person(s) you want to sponsor lives outside Canada:

Have the person(s) you want to sponsor complete the medical examination requirements. Instructions are in the application package. There is also information about medical examinations in the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...toc.asp#3999E3
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:22 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should spouse take medical before or after her PR visa application is submitted?

I like the avatar
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Siouxie,
I have read the cic website, countless times for different things, but sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees! I was sure that she could do the medical first, but then I read another information point which seems to contradict it! I'm happy now, thanks.

Originally Posted by siouxie
A quick read of CIC website (or the guidance notes) would give you the answer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-how.asp

There are some extra steps to follow if the person(s) you want to sponsor lives outside Canada:

Have the person(s) you want to sponsor complete the medical examination requirements. Instructions are in the application package. There is also information about medical examinations in the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...toc.asp#3999E3
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I know, sometimes you go into information overload!

You are most welcome.

As a spousal applicant (outland) she has to do the medical first and it is submitted with the application to sponsor and the application for permanent residency.

Glad you got it sorted.