Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Shifting file CHC delhi to London (April 2002 skill applicant)

Shifting file CHC delhi to London (April 2002 skill applicant)

Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

infocan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shifting file CHC delhi to London (April 2002 skill applicant)

Dear Sir,
I am april 2002 applicant from CHC delhi. I have my IELTS score ( 7.5) all categories more than 7
Recently on applying on point system I got HSMP visa For UK. Did come to UK last month & have landed up job in my own feild. Basically based on HSMP I can stay permenetly in UK.
Now recently I am seeing that processing time in for canadian immigration from Delhi is again increased from 42 to 52 months just for IA. I fear time will be even more
Sir let me know few points

1> Can I shift my application from delhi to london
2> If hopefully so, will it benifit me saving processing time my getting processed from Delhi to london.
3> What exact is the process to shift this file.

regards
infocan
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:38 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Shifting file CHC delhi to London (April 2002 skill applicant)

Originally Posted by infocan
Dear Sir,
I am april 2002 applicant from CHC delhi. I have my IELTS score ( 7.5) all categories more than 7
Recently on applying on point system I got HSMP visa For UK. Did come to UK last month & have landed up job in my own feild. Basically based on HSMP I can stay permenetly in UK.
Now recently I am seeing that processing time in for canadian immigration from Delhi is again increased from 42 to 52 months just for IA. I fear time will be even more

2> If hopefully so, will it benifit me saving processing time my getting processed from Delhi to london.

regards
infocan
I have seen Andrew post many times that it is not possible to transfer an application from one post to another, sorry. If you want to change to another visa post the only option is to withdraw your application and reapply.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:30 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you can't do it. Transfer would be possible if it would be the other way around - for example you were temporary in UK and applied through London but later moved back to India where most of your education/experience credentials are from and where you spent most of your life. In such case transfer would be allowed as it would enhance integrity of the process which requires most of verification and background check to be done in India.

But you are just moving to UK and there is nothing in UK what needs to be verified and checked upon, all your claims have to be checked in India. So, transfer will not be justified and thus not granted. Desire for "faster" processing time is not a reason for transfer - quite opposite, "faster visa post shopping" in the past is the only reason CIC changed the rules about where applications must be submitted.

Dear Sir,

regards
infocan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, you can't do it. Transfer would be possible if it would be the other way around - for example you were temporary in UK and applied through London but later moved back to India where most of your education/experience credentials are from and where you spent most of your life. In such case transfer would be allowed as it would enhance integrity of the process which requires most of verification and background check to be done in India.

But you are just moving to UK and there is nothing in UK what needs to be verified and checked upon, all your claims have to be checked in India. So, transfer will not be justified and thus not granted. Desire for "faster" processing time is not a reason for transfer - quite opposite, "faster visa post shopping" in the past is the only reason CIC changed the rules about where applications must be submitted.

Sir,
Thanks for the reply. Basically I am shifting from india to UK on permanet basis. I am selling all my assets in india and moving to UK.
The reason of transfer should be my moving to UK , my job, family & all assets( sell car , even in process of selling my home in india), close my phone connection, cerdit cards in india. The phone number I have given to them is also closed now.

Do you think sir then I should ask for transfer only after few months when I will buy home in UK. As of now I am going to live on 12 months rental aggrement. Or it is just not possible to ask for transfer

regards

infocan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:51 pm

It is irrelevant that you are moving permanently to UK and are disposing your assets in India. What matters is that all your credentials and background are from India and this is where they must be verified. You have no history to verify in UK.

Sir,
Thanks for the reply. Basically I am shifting from india to UK on permanet basis. I am selling all my assets in india and moving to UK.
The reason of transfer should be my moving to UK , my job, family & all assets( sell car , even in process of selling my home in india), close my phone connection, cerdit cards in india. The phone number I have given to them is also closed now.

Do you think sir then I should ask for transfer only after few months when I will buy home in UK. As of now I am going to live on 12 months rental aggrement. Or it is just not possible to ask for transfer

regards

infocan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

as Andrew said it's only done if the visa office wants to not you, but there is nothing to loose if you send them a letter asking for transfer, but you can't guarantee it will work, and even if it works I doubt it will benefit you regarding processing times as you may be placed on the last of the queue
Old Nov 15th 2005, 4:14 pm

And CHC London will still have to ask New Delhi for background check (including verification of all credentials and claims) - for New Delhi London's case will have lower priority than their own cases.

So again - even if due to some miracle tranfer is allowed there will be no benefit in shorter processing time, it may even cause more delays.

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
as Andrew said it's only done if the visa office wants to not you, but there is nothing to loose if you send them a letter asking for transfer, but you can't guarantee it will work, and even if it works I doubt it will benefit you regarding processing times as you may be placed on the last of the queue
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
And CHC London will still have to ask New Delhi for background check (including verification of all credentials and claims) - for New Delhi London's case will have lower priority than their own cases.

So again - even if due to some miracle tranfer is allowed there will be no benefit in shorter processing time, it may even cause more delays.

Thanks for the reply sir. So I make out that my application shifting to london will not be easy. Even if passes, it can get delayed furthter.

Thats fine sir. I have just small query. Is it possible for my wife to apply as principle applicant from london with me as dependent. Is this technical possible. In delhi I am principle applicant & my wife is dependent.
Also if allowed will the london office will take my wife's application as of local based.

regards
infocan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:55 pm

No, it is not possible without withdrawing application in New Delhi first. You can't have 2 PR applications in process, regardless who is principal applicant.

Thanks for the reply sir. So I make out that my application shifting to london will not be easy. Even if passes, it can get delayed furthter.

Thats fine sir. I have just small query. Is it possible for my wife to apply as principle applicant from london with me as dependent. Is this technical possible. In delhi I am principle applicant & my wife is dependent.
Also if allowed will the london office will take my wife's application as of local based.

regards
infocan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

mirceaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew,

I think Infocan wanted to know if it is possible to switch between principal and secondary applicant once the application is moved from Delhi to London. I think the answer is no. Even if you send additional forms for the principal applicant, once you have applied as a principal/secondary applicant you can't change unless you withdraw and reapply.

Mircea