Wikiposts

Senior member please help

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:17 am
Just Joined

nahhal2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Senior member please help

Hi,
I sent my passport and my wife's passport to the Canadian embassy in London upon their request to put the PR visa 3 weeks ago. As my wife is in Palestine now, she sent her passport for me by DHL. Unfortunately when I received it was torn from its outer cover. All the papers inside are complete and there are no any missing data in her passport, only the outer cover is damaged. When I contacted DHL they admitted that it was their fault. Do you think that my wife's passport will be acceptable in this way? And is that delay of sending our passport back is a good or bad sign? And what is the worth scenario could happen if they don't accept it?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future
Default Re: Senior member please help

Originally Posted by nahhal2007
Hi,
I sent my passport and my wife's passport to the Canadian embassy in London upon their request to put the PR visa 3 weeks ago. As my wife is in Palestine now, she sent her passport for me by DHL. Unfortunately when I received it was torn from its outer cover. All the papers inside are complete and there are no any missing data in her passport, only the outer cover is damaged. When I contacted DHL they admitted that it was their fault. Do you think that my wife's passport will be acceptable in this way? And is that delay of sending our passport back is a good or bad sign? And what is the worth scenario could happen if they don't accept it?
Hi,

I'm afraid in the CHC indtructions it states and I quote "All passports must be intact and not worn,torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport;there cannot be any loose pages".

I think the best thing is to get the damaged passport renewed asap.

good luck
ready2go