Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

send one police cert, then send other one later?

send one police cert, then send other one later?

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default send one police cert, then send other one later?

Hi, I was wondering if I could send off my PR application with one of my 2 police certs and send the other one a few weeks later?

I'm supposed to get my spanish police cert next week but I havent managed to apply for my german one yet as bureaucracy is getting in the way and I've been having trouble to find someone to certify some documents I need to send with the PCC application... Since the PCCs usually are only valid for 3 months I want to make sure CIC would at least get my valid spanish PCC with my application package... I would attach a letter with my PR application saying that I have applied for German PCC but am waiting to receive it and will forward it to them as soon as I get it.. Do you guys think this would be OK? Has anyone done this? I'm afraid if I waited too long for my German PCC then my Spanish one would be expired by the time they get the application. Thoughts anyone??
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

nuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura aboutnuin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: send one police cert, then send other one later?

I'm no expert but I think if you attach a letter explaining the situation it might be OK. We had to get RCMP certificates and they usually take some time to be issued and I contacted the consulate and they said it would be fine to send at a later date.

HTH

P
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll second nuin here, a robust well written cover letter should suffice although I would advise to email the cic office where you are submitting your file . Who know, they can reply. If they do and if the reply is positive then you could include that in the application pack.

Originally Posted by nuin
I'm no expert but I think if you attach a letter explaining the situation it might be OK. We had to get RCMP certificates and they usually take some time to be issued and I contacted the consulate and they said it would be fine to send at a later date.

HTH

P
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

lucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant futurelucycrow has a brilliant future

Hi Kleinluka

Just to let you know that our German Police checks only took 2 weeks to process so they do them pretty quickly. Know you are in Canada so might take a bit longer.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lucy

PS Here in the UK, a local solicitor certified our docs and that was fine for police checks and we actually paid the fee twice to get 2 copies as needed one for BUNAC visa and 1 for PR.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I think the general rule here is that the case worker will assess your application based on the documents you have provided by the date he or she looks at your file, but this might not be for a few weeks after your pack arrives. So long as the second police certificate arrives before the assessment is done, you're fine.

So basically, get the second certificate as soon as you can and keep everything crossed!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Can someone draw Jim Humphries's attention to this thread? I'm sure he would know for sure (former visa officer)....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

good idea, i guess you could just send him an instant message/pm

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Can someone draw Jim Humphries's attention to this thread? I'm sure he would know for sure (former visa officer)....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

we're waiting for both german and uk to come back, and then obviously to translate. our agent said to forward everything else if we were still waiting by the deadline, and for us to forward them immediately on receipt/ translation.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

meant to say also - our german police application was notarised by solicitor in the end, in the absence of an embassy/ high commission/ police station that was prepared to do it lol. I know how long it took me to get the things done, so I do appreciate the nonsense lol. The attitude of the police station was appalling.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiem
meant to say also - our german police application was notarised by solicitor in the end, in the absence of an embassy/ high commission/ police station that was prepared to do it lol. I know how long it took me to get the things done, so I do appreciate the nonsense lol. The attitude of the police station was appalling.
Turns out I can't use a notary public to get my stuff certified. So I will try the police station next. Hopefully I will have a better experience than you :S

Also my immigration consultant just got back to me and said I can send an incomplete file with an explanation letter and it will be fine. That calms me down a bit, but I would still like to get everything ready in time. Every day where nothing happens is a lost day to me nowadays... I'm sure all you know the feeling :S Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why won't the notary public do it? Are you getting them to cert the application form or are you attaching a certified copy of your passport as proof of ID?

Police station refused me. Very rudely. I rang up the police information line afterwards and was told it was policy and they weren't allowed to.... hopefully you'll get a different response in Canada....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiem
Why won't the notary public do it? Are you getting them to cert the application form or are you attaching a certified copy of your passport as proof of ID?

Police station refused me. Very rudely. I rang up the police information line afterwards and was told it was policy and they weren't allowed to.... hopefully you'll get a different response in Canada....
Both. I need copy of my passport and certified application form. She said she can't do it because the application states it must be a real NOTARY (lawyer) not just a notary public. She is a commissioner of oaths. It's really annoying for me...grrrrr. I also contacted my parents in Germany to figure out if they can apply in my name but I am not sure if it's possible... we will see :/
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

I love it when a plan comes together...

I burst into tears when the police refused to do it. I'm 38 years old.
Who knew it would be so stressful?!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

just out of sheer curiosity: so you're using a consultant. Anyway glad he said quite the same thing as all the armchair consultants that we are here

I cant wait to get my passport, been two months now!

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Turns out I can't use a notary public to get my stuff certified. So I will try the police station next. Hopefully I will have a better experience than you :S

Also my immigration consultant just got back to me and said I can send an incomplete file with an explanation letter and it will be fine. That calms me down a bit, but I would still like to get everything ready in time. Every day where nothing happens is a lost day to me nowadays... I'm sure all you know the feeling :S Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
just out of sheer curiosity: so you're using a consultant
Why the sad face? Yeah I use one but sometimes her replies raise some more questions or aren't quite clear. And it's always nice to get some replies from people who have had to face similar situations. All your replies are really appreciated and valuable to me. Consultant or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.