Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Seeking info on Status of Application

Seeking info on Status of Application

Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

sarahd is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Seeking info on Status of Application

Hi there
Wondered if anyone could help me ...

My application for common law sponsorship has now gone to missisauga canada. it went just over 5 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since.

Is there anyway i can find out the status of my application. There is a call centre number but you can only call from within canada (we are in the UK), not that useful for people outside it ....

I am right in thinking that you only get the e client number after they approve my C-L partner as a sponsor ?

Any wisdom most appreciated !
Thanks as always
Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:56 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking info on Status of Application

Yes, you will get your client number only on approval of the sponsorship. It is early to worry about progress. If the application was sent and received then patience is the best policy. and its good for your health too. Approval takes from 6 to 8 or more weeks.

Originally Posted by sarahd
Hi there
Wondered if anyone could help me ...

My application for common law sponsorship has now gone to missisauga canada. it went just over 5 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since.

Is there anyway i can find out the status of my application. There is a call centre number but you can only call from within canada (we are in the UK), not that useful for people outside it ....

I am right in thinking that you only get the e client number after they approve my C-L partner as a sponsor ?

Any wisdom most appreciated !
Thanks as always