second Language

Old Sep 17th 2001, 9:32 pm
Tariq Jamil

I have applied my application some 14 months ago. I was having little knowledge of
French language alphabets means that I am able to read it with little difficulty with
out much understanding them. Therefore I mentioned that I know well read and write of
French as a second language. During one seminar of French immigration consultant I
aware that the level for well French read and write skill is much demanding and I
have not that much skill. Now I am confused whether my application would be rejected
because of this though I was not aware of the situation. Some times I wish to write
High commission authorities that please dont consider my skill in French. Can any one
guide me what to do in this situation?

Old Sep 18th 2001, 12:18 am
Berto Volpentesta

Language assessment will be done by the visa officer. Normally, if all = else in your
application is fine, they would not take your over = estimation of your skills to be
a negative factor, but only would assess = you according to their vision. =20

Also, there is some room for interpretation here as well, what one = consultant deems
to be well may be with difficulty for another. =20

Perhaps you can practice in your areas of weakness, so that you can = bring your
level up. =20

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 18th 2001, 2:38 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It is not necessarily the case that the application would be refused on these
grounds. If you do not feel that you will be able to achieve "Well" in your French
language skills, however, you will lose the points associated with that factor (3 if
you stated that you read, write and speak well).

In addition, it may be necessary to advise the visa office of this correction to the
application, either at an interview or before.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community