Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is Saskatchewan PNP ripping us off?

Wikiposts

Is Saskatchewan PNP ripping us off?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is Saskatchewan PNP ripping us off?

We received a letter form SINP asking for Proof of our Funds. They want us to get our house appraised by a proper appraiser and NOT a realtor. Our realtor said she does appraisals for FREE whereas the proper guy wants over $400 which we cannot afford to pay in the run up to parents arriving, beds to be bought and kitchen tables etc etc.

Is this normal - I know rightly it probably is, but we just feel gutted by this unexpected bill.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Saskatchewan PNP ripping us off?

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
We received a letter form SINP asking for Proof of our Funds. They want us to get our house appraised by a proper appraiser and NOT a realtor. Our realtor said she does appraisals for FREE whereas the proper guy wants over $400 which we cannot afford to pay in the run up to parents arriving, beds to be bought and kitchen tables etc etc.

Is this normal - I know rightly it probably is, but we just feel gutted by this unexpected bill.
Thats tough, sorry to hear that, what does your realtor say?

i expect its the same as a surveyor here for say a mortgage company they won't accept estate agents valuations,

hope you get it sorted
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Thats tough, sorry to hear that, what does your realtor say?

i expect its the same as a surveyor here for say a mortgage company they won't accept estate agents valuations,

hope you get it sorted
Thanks and I know, I was really just Pi**ed off and venting my frustration I guess
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:17 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
Don't know the answer hun, but hope you get it all worked out! Suspect that Coffeepot may have hit the nail on the head!

Charlie
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by purple80
Hiya,
Don't know the answer hun, but hope you get it all worked out! Suspect that Coffeepot may have hit the nail on the head!

Charlie
Thanks Charlie

It ain't easy starting from scratch - never mind with bills like this.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and I know, I was really just Pi**ed off and venting my frustration I guess
Its so annoying, we recently had planning passed for an extension into a barn it took 5 years and goodness knows how many plans that cost us a small fortune now the land owner a local lorditover everyone has said they want paying under terms of the covenant that is over 200 years old and legally they are allowed to ask for tens of thousands :curse:
so it is not worth the cost to do the build anymore
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Its so annoying, we recently had planning passed for an extension into a barn it took 5 years and goodness knows how many plans that cost us a small fortune now the land owner a local lorditover everyone has said they want paying under terms of the covenant that is over 200 years old and legally they are allowed to ask for tens of thousands :curse:
so it is not worth the cost to do the build anymore
Oh what a pain in the a**e - nothing in life is simple anymore eh? So sorry to hear that you must all be completely at your wits end with the whole situation and especially after 5 years
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:06 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Alvic

I would guess it is standard practice, the realtor isn't checking to see if the house has any problems that may effect the price where as the surveyor is, I would guess that's the reason

Bummer thou 400 bucks, can't you get a copy of the original survey? Here they last for 6 months I don't know about there.

Good luck anyway

Danny
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi Alvic

I would guess it is standard practice, the realtor isn't checking to see if the house has any problems that may effect the price where as the surveyor is, I would guess that's the reason

Bummer thou 400 bucks, can't you get a copy of the original survey? Here they last for 6 months I don't know about there.

Good luck anyway

Danny
If you mean when we bought the house we just had a house inspection done and we didnt need a mortage to buy it so never had one done then either

But thanks anyways.