Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program questions

Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program questions

Old Apr 8th 2019, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program questions

Hi there, posted a couple of questions a few months back on applying, everyone was very helpful and I've made some steps towards applying, but am sat on a knife edge with family circumstances and have seen an alternative way of applying. but want to ask some questions so if anyone can help out its greatly appreciated.

So I'm 31, was a mechanic until mid 2015, then moved to a role midway between mechanic and foreman, and have now moved into another profession since mid 2017.

I'd applied to Saskatchewan to sit my journeyman exam, which has been approved. My IELTS test is booked, the initial plan was to travel to Canada at some point in the coming months and sit my CofQ with attached IP journeyman - however this is on hold due to a terminally ill parent, who is currently doing better than expected - which is great news (at least whilst quality of life is good), but obviously does hold things up somewhat - my concern is currently with decent IELTS scores and no ECA (which is a minefield that i asked about previously due to a very fine line between my having nothing, or a 3 year degree) i hit 313.

However if i don't get across before October to sit (and pass my exam) this drops to 308, looking at the rise in FST draw scores of late, if i didn't get in for the next round of FST draws, potentially by next September it could be getting close.

Just looking through the SINP for occupation in demand, and i scrape in with 61 points if i were to apply once getting my IELTS(if i get a decent result, but I'm willing to study and resit to make that difference). so now to the questions

1) does just scraping the points score put me at a disadvantage, or is SINP assessed on a case by case basis?

2) if i get in via SINP, am I bound legally or morally to stay within the NOC i came under?? I'm quite happy to find work or sit an apprenticeship if required in another closely related NOC that is in demand - long and short of it, whilst i am willing to be a mechanic, if i can help it i want to avoid the retail world of cars with dash rattles etc, in the uk i settled into a job servicing vans/ small trucks/plant, so would be more inclined to get work in the 7312 NOC, rather than 7321. Likewise there is some appeal to going working in the pipeline or rigging industry as a motorman or the like (partly the pay, partly the fact i wouldn't need to invest $40,000 in tools, partly the experience).

Likewise anything else i should be aware of?
Old Apr 8th 2019, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program questions

Originally Posted by Stumpylegs

1) does just scraping the points score put me at a disadvantage, or is SINP assessed on a case by case basis?

2) if i get in via SINP, am I bound legally or morally to stay within the NOC i came under?? I'm quite happy to find work or sit an apprenticeship if required in another closely related NOC that is in demand - long and short of it, whilst i am willing to be a mechanic, if i can help it i want to avoid the retail world of cars with dash rattles etc, in the uk i settled into a job servicing vans/ small trucks/plant, so would be more inclined to get work in the 7312 NOC, rather than 7321. Likewise there is some appeal to going working in the pipeline or rigging industry as a motorman or the like (partly the pay, partly the fact i wouldn't need to invest $40,000 in tools, partly the experience).

Likewise anything else i should be aware of?
1) The minimum score for SINP skilled worker is 60. There is no difference for eligibility where in the binary condition you fall, just which side of it you are. 1-59 is all the same (fail). 60-100 is all the same (pass).

2) <edit> - sorry, I read NOC as Province *herpderp*. (Default reaction to anyone asking 'If I come under a prairie provincial nomination, do I have to stay....') No, no obligation to stay in one job.

Last edited by Vulcanoid; Apr 8th 2019 at 10:01 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program questions

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
1) The minimum score for SINP skilled worker is 60. There is no difference for eligibility where in the binary condition you fall, just which side of it you are. 1-59 is all the same (fail). 60-100 is all the same (pass).

2) <edit> - sorry, I read NOC as Province *herpderp*. (Default reaction to anyone asking 'If I come under a prairie provincial nomination, do I have to stay....') No, no obligation to stay in one job.
Thanks - yea that clears things up hugely, i did read your reply pre-edit- but its what id expect!! - its not really that far off just lying about your quals etc.

2 more questions -

1)proof of funds, is a bit of a strange one especially needing it so early on. I've got a net worth of $200,000 CAD at a rough guess, (will be more, as i'll have thousands of pounds of stuff which won't be making the move, but at the same time i realise there will be costs associated with the move so have). but most of its tied up in a house i live in, and a house i rent out - both of which would be sold if was to get PR, but likewise i wouldn't want to sell them and run the risk of being turned down (plus until i get close to moving, i sort of need somewhere to live!!)

I've got just under the required amount sat in a current account - with some moving cash around and eating noodles for a week or 2 i could hit the required amount, but would need to wait 3 months before applying. but then also noticed retirement savings plans are included, does this mean my retirement scheme which technically I can't access the funds easily (i could get my contributions back, but no profit on investments or company contributions) is counted in this? its totally irrelevant to the move but at the same time if it allows me to apply 3 months sooner whilst being legitimate I'm all for it.

2) can i apply through 2 channels at once? - at the moment I'm unable to travel to Canada really due to my mothers ill health (i am debating flying in for 48 hours to sit my exams, but its hard to plan too far out as things could change so quickly) - as i was originally looking to fly in to sit my CofQ to apply via FST. so if i put my SINP in either after getting my IELTS, or 3 months from now once my finances have been sat in the account and then whilst thats ongoing i get the chance to fly to Canada to sit my CofQ could i then apply for EE via the FST stream with a provincial nomination in the pipeline?