S/W APP FROM IN CANADA

Old May 14th 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

1984brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default S/W APP FROM IN CANADA

Hi,

Currently in Canada on a BUNAC visa. Planning to apply for PR via skilled worker route ( Cat 2 as bricklayer ). Have a potential employer for the AEO. Just a few q's as this can be very confusing!

1/ is the AEO similar to an LMO i.e does the employer have to post the job for a canadian and advertise etc?

2/ On the education points section ( 12 yrs , 13 yrs continiuos education) does this include elementry school and high school ( primary and secondary )

I have secondary school ( g.c.s.e ) and a college trade certificate for bricklaying.

3/ Does anyone know how to get copies of paystubs, tax returns for proof for Imm canada? does inland revenue provide these if anyone knows...mine havebeen misplaced.

Sorry for the long post, great site and your all so helpful
Old May 15th 2009, 7:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S/W APP FROM IN CANADA

Originally Posted by 1984brit
Hi,

Currently in Canada on a BUNAC visa. Planning to apply for PR via skilled worker route ( Cat 2 as bricklayer ). Have a potential employer for the AEO. Just a few q's as this can be very confusing!

1/ is the AEO similar to an LMO i.e does the employer have to post the job for a canadian and advertise etc?

2/ On the education points section ( 12 yrs , 13 yrs continiuos education) does this include elementry school and high school ( primary and secondary )

I have secondary school ( g.c.s.e ) and a college trade certificate for bricklaying.

3/ Does anyone know how to get copies of paystubs, tax returns for proof for Imm canada? does inland revenue provide these if anyone knows...mine havebeen misplaced.

Sorry for the long post, great site and your all so helpful

Hi there,

Congrats on the job offer, no mean feat in these economic times!

In answer to your questions - no, your employer will not have to provide proof of advertising for the AEO. It's not a requirement like it is for the LMO, but he'll still need to provide a good case for why he has to employ a foreigner rather than a Canadian.

Yes, the education includes secondary education. So if you were there for GCSE's, you'd have 12 years I assume? So you'd either get 20 or 15 points, depending on whether your diploma for bricklaying was 1 or 2 years.

You can't get copies of payslips unless your original company still has them (unlikely). And your P60's are only issued to you, so if you don't have those then there is no way of getting a copy. If you really have neither, then you'll need to get a copy of your National Insurance records to show you were paid, and also include as much other supporting evidence as possible i.e. a copy of your contract. And if you can find any payslips or P60's hidden away then so much the better.

Hope that helps, good luck.