Russ canada

Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

fallen angels is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Russ canada

Hi all, new to the site, first steps, I have 73 points on self assessment tool on official Canadian immigration site I welcome you thoughts with regard to to using the above agent based in Vancouver Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russ canada

Originally Posted by fallen angels
Hi all, new to the site, first steps, I have 73 points on self assessment tool on official Canadian immigration site I welcome you thoughts with regard to to using the above agent based in Vancouver Thanks
Do you have a complicated multinational background, criminal record, medical complications?

Given that you will still have to gather all your own paperwork, get letters, employment history etc, and generally do the donkeywork, I'm curious what you think this or any other agent will do for you, other than reduce the amount of money you have by the time you get here?

Last edited by iaink; Aug 24th 2006 at 4:15 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
Do you have a complicated multinational background, criminal record, medical complications?

Given that you will still have to gather all your own paperwork, get letters, employment history etc, and generally do the donkeywork, I'm curious what you think this or any other agent will do for you, other than reduce the amount of money you have by the time you get here?
no complicated multinational background defiantly not a criminal or medical complications just asking, thanks for you comments so you are effectively saying do it yourself as they are waste of money do it your self
Old Aug 24th 2006, 4:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

no complicated multinational background defiantly not a criminal or medical complications just asking, thanks for you comments so you are effectively saying do it yourself as they are waste of money do it your self
In some curcumstances they are great. If its a company transfer or something, its nice to have the peace of mind (if someoe else ifs paying!), or if you have circumstances a bit out of the ordinary, but yes, if it was my money and I met the points comfortably and was relatively confident in my ability to follow instructions and fill out the forms, I would do it myself, as I am the one doing most of the labourious paper chasing anyway.

I think its certainly easier to do it yourself now thanks to resources like this one. Just be certain they you are assessing everything correctly. For example, dont give yourself points for french based on a GCSE 10 years ago, TEF is a different thing altogether.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Russ canada

In some curcumstances they are great. If its a company transfer or something, its nice to have the peace of mind (if someoe else ifs paying!), or if you have circumstances a bit out of the ordinary, but yes, if it was my money and I met the points comfortably and was relatively confident in my ability to follow instructions and fill out the forms, I would do it myself, as I am the one doing most of the labourious paper chasing anyway.

I think its certainly easier to do it yourself now thanks to resources like this one. Just be certain they you are assessing everything correctly. For example, dont give yourself points for french based on a GCSE 10 years ago, TEF is a different thing altogether.
Thanks yes I have complete faith in my own ability to fill in forms and so forth and certainly not that foolish to give points for French GCSE 10 years previous, frankly it is laughable once again thankyou I think I have exhausted this subject already
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

boredinblighty is an unknown quantity at this point

Money well saved if you do it yourself, depending on your plans and how long you want to wait the only thing I would say is that you might find it money well spent to get an agent to find you a job offer and get the HRSDC paperwork done for you if you want to speed up your application.

Philip
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by boredinblighty
Money well saved if you do it yourself, depending on your plans and how long you want to wait the only thing I would say is that you might find it money well spent to get an agent to find you a job offer and get the HRSDC paperwork done for you if you want to speed up your application.

Philip
Thanks Phillp
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:25 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by boredinblighty
you might find it money well spent to get an agent to find you a job offer and get the HRSDC paperwork done for you if you want to speed up your application.

Philip
Immigration lawyers/ consultants and recruiting professionals are usually seperate jobs. The ones offering jobs are usually the shadiest characters. They are the ones I would avoid!

The HRSDC paperwork is supposed to be done by the employer, not the prospective employee, so thats a bit odd too.

No agent is going to make your application go through faster, other than by ensuring you didnt miss something that you will need to go back and cover later.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

boredinblighty is an unknown quantity at this point

Immigration lawyers/ consultants and recruiting professionals are usually seperate jobs. The ones offering jobs are usually the shadiest characters. They are the ones I would avoid!

The HRSDC paperwork is supposed to be done by the employer, not the prospective employee, so thats a bit odd too.

No agent is going to make your application go through faster, other than by ensuring you didnt miss something that you will need to go back and cover later.
I think thats a tad unfair to say that really about those who find you a job, you can't tar all with the same brush !

My point and experience is that employers DON'T want to get involved with the paperwork and thats where you come unstuck with trying to get a job offer. Paying an agent or whatever you want to call it to get you inverviews and do the paperwork for HRSDC is what I am talking about.

You are right in that no agent can make it go quicker but that wasn't what I was talking about, I meant a job offer can speed the process once HRSDC validation has been given.

My experience of hiring an agent to do this for me was a good experience (apart from the bill) and ultimately has meant that I aren't going to be waiting 3 or 4 lpus years.

Philip