Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RPRF - requested, but I have already paid??

RPRF - requested, but I have already paid??

Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPRF - requested, but I have already paid??

Hi,
anybody else had this happen:

I paid my RPRF back in Nov 2010, when i sent full doc to LVO. $980 by bank draft.

I have recieved an email LVO today asking for the RPRF within 45 days??
I have a copy of draft and have emailed a scan of it to them.

hopefully they can find it - or i guess yet another delay in my case to add to the long list.......

G
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all
Default Re: RPRF - requested, but I have already paid??

I think they don't cash the draft until the request date, you may find the draft has expired as you only have a certain amount of time to cash them!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aqua
I think they don't cash the draft until the request date, you may find the draft has expired as you only have a certain amount of time to cash them!
meaning i have to lose the money and pay again??

Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

You can get it back from the bank if the draft hasn't been cashed. We had to send a new one as the time between us sending the draft and the request was about 3 months?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

What Aqua is saying that they sometimes don't cash the draft straight away. So have a look in your bank statements if they really cashed the $980 (one applicant only?) and maybe send them the bank statement too proving it has been cashed. Or talk to your bank.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
What Aqua is saying that they sometimes don't cash the draft straight away. So have a look in your bank statements if they really cashed the $980 (one applicant only?) and maybe send them the bank statement too proving it has been cashed. Or talk to your bank.
Thanks, spoke to the bank but the bank debit your account regardless of whether CIC cash it or not - so HSBC are trying to track it for me

So the cash is gone and lost in the black hole!! hopefully not

Oh well I'm I will sort it out - out on intrest anyone else send the RPRF wth full docs back in 2010... or did i make a mistake sending it at that time??

G
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hi,
anybody else had this happen:

I paid my RPRF back in Nov 2010, when i sent full doc to LVO. $980 by bank draft.

I have recieved an email LVO today asking for the RPRF within 45 days??
I have a copy of draft and have emailed a scan of it to them.

hopefully they can find it - or i guess yet another delay in my case to add to the long list.......

G
We got asked for RPRF with our medical requests and we paid by bank draft when we submitted full docs as well.

Our CAIPS notes clearly state from Aug 2010 that RPRF was paid so we emailed the details for clarification
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scotty1974
We got asked for RPRF with our medical requests and we paid by bank draft when we submitted full docs as well.

Our CAIPS notes clearly state from Aug 2010 that RPRF was paid so we emailed the details for clarification
Phew - not just me then (thought i was being a bit thick!!)
Back in Sept we got a request for updated Doc & RPRF - to which I replied and told LVO that we had paid it, but again we get the request. Delay after delay!!
Keep me posted on whether they get back to you - thanks Buddy, I will let ya know if I hear anything
G
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:18 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I find they always ask for RPRF even when we paid it many moons ago. If you can show proof you paid it, then don't worry, they will find it.

Old Mar 7th 2013, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone!!

Slightly more relaxing evening ahead!! pheww

...nearly there

G
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:17 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of misinformation here but you are safe. CIC will cash bank drafts as soon as possible after receiving them. That is required by Canada's Financial Administration Act.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Jim, we were told by CIC to supply a new draft as the one we sent was not in date.

This is not misinformation!!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
A lot of misinformation here but you are safe. CIC will cash bank drafts as soon as possible after receiving them. That is required by Canada's Financial Administration Act.
Thanks Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.